RAC down for personal files?

Well…who knew? THIS selection automatically defaults to “all slips”:

(I just happened to be looking at a 2015 file)

Choose the year, choose All Slips in the dropdown, View…and this button shows up.

2 Likes

Must have been that talk I had with them. :grinning:

3 Likes

Our prayers have finally been answered :joy:

Anyone else having problems with AFR…this is getting ridiculous.

I still do not have access. In BC

No issues here (also BC). Doubt any problem is regionalized.

Try a different browser or if you have a different PC, use that to test - also a different ISP connection (ie cell vs fibre vs DSL vs…whatever).

I’ve previously spoken to a CRA agent a few weeks back. They’ve said that if you have a CRA MyAccount set up, you can use those credentials to sign into rep a client.

This has always been the case AFAIK.

Well the last few weeks were too good to last it appears.

I am able to get into client accounts but many items do not appear to function for me. Click and nothing happens. Anyone else with issues?

Ditto - PDFs seem to work and open, but various HTML info pages do not.

It’s time to start complaining in a big way. This is highly annoying and wasteful of our time.

I had a client deliver his 2020 and 2021 documents today. I tried to “AutoFill” the 2020 return. I keep getting “The Request Is Blocked”. However, I can go into RAC and get a PDF of all his slips. I sure hope they get this idiocy cleared up by tax season.

I talked to Business Enquiries about an AUTH-BUS I transmitted a couple weeks ago. They said that its on hold until the client logs in to his My Business Account and releases the authorization. I told them that my luddite client will NEVER have a My Business Account. The response is that I have to file a “telephone” authorization. I can’t get an online authorization for this client. I’m not sure why I can’t get electronic access to CRA because my client, who is security conscious, doesn’t want/need a My Business Account? Do they want rep’s to have the best, most complete information to help clients file properly or do they just want everyone on the web so they can more easily meet their “service goals”?

It seems strange they would not understand that taxpayers that seek the help of professionals usually do so because they don’t feel comfortable themselves with whatever type of help they are seeking.

1 Like

They don’t care…and they don’t care that severely handicapped people, be they business owners or just “indidividuals” may be incapable of setting up a MyAccount.

There is a workaround: Have the client sign a Limited Power of Attorney appointing you as their legal agent for issues dealing with CRA. Sign up for MyAccount / MyBA. Set it all up. Rescind the LPoA.

@SmallBizGuy , the limited POA may work but my client is otherwise a very intelligent, well-to-do person who will not cowtow to CRA’s unreasonable rules. He will tell me something that I can’t repeat on this forum but that is very apt. :rofl:

Oh…can we guess…?

Really the only approach is to complain to someone who can do something about it…which is the Minister, Bob Hamilton or your MP.

The disability thing alone should be a good embarassment factor for an opposition MP if that happens to be your circumstance.

New day. New issues.

The issues of the other day seem to have solved.

Today cannot upload through submit documents. Just sits doing nothing after clicking to upload file.
banging-head-on-wall-stick-figure

1 Like

Same here…yesterday and this morning the upload function doesn’t work. What is going on??
Same thing for AFR…still not working.

@Arliss Is uploading working today…still not working for me!

No luck today either.

It worked for me both yesterday and the day before. Weird it works for some and not others. Could it be the browser?