RAC down for personal files?

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.

Now I get the same thing when I try to transmit a T2.

I got that same error message when transmitting a T1.

> An error occurred while sending the request.
> The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
> Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.
I got this when trying to file a T1.

Maybe itā€™s because itā€™s a Holiday today? Usually a CRA notice goes out saying their systems are offline thoughā€¦

Glad to hear itā€™s not just my system though. I was worried it was just me having issues today.

We are aware of the issue. The CRA system is down but we are unable to reach anyone at the CRA as today being a day off there.

For those returns due today, you have until Monday to file the returns.

Steven

At the risk of sounding pouty, what is the benefit from the point of view of Truth and Reconciliation having the beleaguered taxpayer pay for the bureaucrats to have another day off with pay and further inconvenience us.

You should start a new topic for this - you are off track. And if I could find that guy flogging a donkey I would post it. :hot_face:

1 Like

A little late in the day now but I am back in.

Just filed 2 T1 returns - now to try a T2.- it does not work yet. I canā€™t clear the error messages.

you mean flogging a dead horseā€¦

1 Like

The problem is that complaining on here does absolutely ZERO good. The only two people who can (but likely wonā€™t) ensure itā€™s fixed are Bob Hamilton (CRA Commissioner) and Diane Lebouthilier (our totally useless Minister of National Revenue). Sigh.

1 Like

The CRA just replied to me that indeed there was a system outage between 1 and 7 pm (EST) on Friday.
Everything is back online and if you experience persistent issues, please let me know.
I wish everyone a great Monday.

Steven

1 Like

Not sure if it is relevant Steven, but submit documents is not working either via the RAC site

I havenā€™t tried any submissions today but I have been able to submit since they did the redesign.

What normally took around 4 steps now takes about 10 steps to accomplish the same task though.
Was just thinking it might be somewhere along the process change that is getting you hung up?

1 Like

I successfully submitted a Matching Review request late last night using Submit Documents. It worked fine for me (in Manitoba), so perhaps the issue is new starting this morning?

I agree, the design looks good but the functionality is horrible. I also donā€™t like the fact you canā€™t download all the Tslips the one time anymore.

It is a horrible design.

Was able to upload this AM without issue.

Again I would suggest you might just be missing a step in the process.
Far too many what would seem redundant steps need to be completed now to get to the end.

I hate how we have to print each and every T5018 slips. Iā€™ve got clients that have 100+ transactions. If someone from the CRA is reading this, PLEASE GIVE US THE ā€œALL SLIPSā€ DOWNLOAD OPTION BACK!!!

I take advantage of the CRA online surveys to document changes I would like to see in RAC, including the ability to print ALL tax slips at once. This specific issue was one I raised in numerous surveys before they implemented it. Iā€™ve started raising it again now that theyā€™ve discontinued it.