Why has Tax cycle moved the position of the print family. It used to be beside print/pdf form?

Now it’s buried under “File options”. More steps more time. Please put it back on the ribbon.

Martin

…or…add to toolbar:

Simple, effective.

2 Likes

It’s actually on the “Client” tab now

I miss that, too. Just one more annoyance.

I just use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + M

Does any one know how to get the marked icon on the Quick Access toolbar???

This icon opens the file location in Windows Explorer.

It’s been on the Client tab for a while, but I’m open to us putting it back in here:

Not problem with having it in both places.

2 Likes

The QAT only contains items that appear on the ribbon. I could see this being useful though, so I’ll log a request. Thanks

2 Likes

That would be awesome @Elizabeth !

It we were to add Open in containing folder to the main menu, where you would like to see it? Maybe on the Client menu? Thoughts?

I am assuming you are talking about my question. Would the Data Tab make more sense?

Fair enough. We may need to shift some things around, but it could go there.

Please don’t constantly keep moving things in an effort to improve things. I just learn where it is and then it moves again. Maybe the new location is better, but now I have to remember the change again. Consistency is also good.

Frankly, the far and away best implementation of anything is the example of the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel. Put whatever you want on it…in whatever order you want. Done. Personally I never use the menu tabs in Excel for that reason…they could be removed entirely.

TaxCycle approaches this, but not with everything and not in the ordering I’d like. (eg I want “Print Family” and “AFR” as the last two items. Why? Because I use them on every single file and want them where I don’t need to think about them.

1 Like