T1DD Add banking

Good morning wonderful people,
I have entered banking information on T1DD for client with no current bank account with CRA. The client has signed the form and I’m good to go.
I have been told that’s all I have to do and the banking should show on last page of T1. But it is not. How do I confirm the banking is there before I Efile?

Thanks so much

As far as I know you can’t do it through E-file anymore.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/direct-deposit.html

Thanks for that info. I’m thinking they wouldn’t still have the T1DD on the software if that were the case???

I can verify the CRA does process direct deposit information sent through the TaxCycle software using a T1DD form. So yes, you can still add and change DD info through efile.

I don’t believe the Direct Deposit information shows up on the last page of the T1 return anymore. That was stopped a few years ago when fraud was running wild, and there is no reason a client’s banking information needs to be displayed on the T1 general.

Huh! Who knew? (Other than you…)

This is actually a boon for us; I guess if CRA is receiving the tax info, they’ll also “believe” the banking info? (But still won’t let us change anything on RAC…so…who knows?)

2 Likes

ok, great!! Thank you snowplowguy.
So, as long as I have entered the info on the T1DD then I’m good to go? No way to confirm if the banking is going to get added on the other end?

Kindest regards

If you include the proper banking info on the T1DD it should get recognized and processed by the CRA.

The only confirmation you will receive is the client’s refund will be deposited to their account, or if you have Represent a Client access in the “client summary” section it will tell you if direct deposit is set up for the client. It won’t give you the account number but once you submit the client’s return you will be able to confirm in your RAC they have been set up for direct deposit.

Ok, yes. I have multiple years to file so I’ll do first year and give a check on RAC. Thanks so much for your time, much appreciated.
Have a great weekend!!

@snoplowguy I didn’t know that. Thanks for the correction.

@Rein

Ya… we only have one crack at it a year. We can start or change direct deposit upon efiling the tax return (for T1’s only, not T2’s), and we can change a client’s address upon efiling. Other than that, we can not do it through represent a client unless we have delegated authority.

I see some banks allow you to set up direct deposit with CRA in your online banking now. For instance any RBC client can set up their own CRA direct deposit using either online banking or the mobile app provided they have filed at least 1 tax return in their life.

1 Like

I can confirm that a return I added DD to was processed and DD set up.