T183 Pre-Authorized Debit

Curious why the banking information section of T183 Part C does not print on the T183 that the client signs. Form T183 in TC shows the banking info fields.

I have occasion to send out T183 by email, not knowing if they want to complete Part C. When I get the form back with Part C completed, I now need to call the client back to get their banking information.

The Part C comments refer to the “agreement details listed below”, but the banking info is missing. How can the signed PAD be valid without this “detail”?

i’ve wondered why it is necessary to. If a client has direct deposit info, cra already has their info. it shouldn’t be required to set up PAD

@gil = (1) PIPEDA, (2) the form is CRA specified, (3) other security concerns
@David_R_Officer = Just because a person knows what your bank account number is, does not mean you have authorized them to visit your bank and steal all of your retirement savings… :worried:

Every cheque you ever wrote gave the recipient your banking information.

1 Like

@David_R_Officer Because not everyone uses one bank account for all things. I have a few clients that put all “found money” like tax refunds into a travel fund account. Payments would come from the day to day account.

Just one example of “why” you would need to enter the banking info