DoxCycle / TaxCycle linking -- SO Frustrated!

(a small rant to reduce my BP today…)

I am SO frustrated with the TC/DC setup this year. It’s generally been harmonious used judiciously and without problems. This year it just seems to screw up over and over and over. Not sure why, or how. But it links to one taxpayer and forgets there’s another one. Sometimes it just loses the file entirely.

Annoying. Very annoying. DC needs work - a LOT of work IMO. I’m thinking I won’t use it at all next year.

I feel your pain. DoxCycle was a great idea but seems to have been abandoned.

I stopped using it a couple years ago when I had to re-scan pages that wouldn’t get picked up by DC. Whether it was my scanner or the program doesn’t matter. It just ate up time. I still pay for it each year hoping it may be rejuvenated but not yet.

While DC will prepare a nice working paper for a T1, I don’t generally need that. I now have staff scan T slips, medical expenses, donations, business info into separate files for each taxpayer. I find reviewing returns and answering Processing Reviews much easier (also having 3 monitors helps in reviewing). I’ve also add customized stamps to help in the review process. This was limited in DC.

CRA’s AFR process also reduced the need for linking the paper copy to the T1 #'s. If needed, I can drag and link my PDF file to the T1 field.

I don’t scan directly to DC (I use an Azure server) and although the “Import” folder is set…it is never remembered.

Whatever the reason, this is not the time to have software issues. Good luck.

I understand your frustration and I want you to know we hear you. We are aware that DoxCycle needs some TLC and it is on our radar for this year.

If/when you have time, it would help immensely if you could send your detailed log files to our support team (make sure you have detailed logging turned on in the DoxCycle options under Diagnostics).

This will help us to track down where the issues are happening and to focus our efforts where it matters most.

As an aside, if you also want to send us your wish list for improvements, I am collecting comments and would be happy to hear what you think DoxCycle could do better in addition to fixing the linking issues mentioned here.

1 Like

Thanks @sarka - will be happy to do both…when I’m a little less pushed!! :slight_smile: