Creating / Opening a DoxCycle file

I am wondering if it is possible to have DoxCycle open if it is not already open when you use the TaxLink button in TaxCycle.

For example, I am creating a brand new file, so carryforward and link was not an option. I click the TaxLink button to create a new file, but nothing happens as I had not yet started an instance of DoxCycle. The same happens if I am in a TaxCycle file that has a linked document, but no instance of DoxCycle is running. (I am assuming this is the same for everyone and not a glitch in our setup.)

@matthew

That’s how it should work, and it works for me (that doesn’t help you of course).

Any idea what might be unique in your setup? Have a scan through your log files… maybe TaxCycle is not finding the DoxCycle executable and vice-versa.

~ Cameron

I will have a look and see what I can find.

Thanks.

I sent an email with a snip-it of the log file.

So following up on this:

We are working in an RDS environment.
Through a process of elimination we have determined that if an instance of DoxCycle is running on any other machine, DoxCycle will not launch from TaxCycle.
We tried switching DoxCycle to single core, but that did not resolve the problem.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

I should clarify, it is not if DoxCycle is running on any other machine, but instead if it is running in another session on the RDP server.