AuthRep - Error

I may have missed the memo. I know there is a new process for Business Authorizations, but is there a new process for Individual authorizations? I just tried to transmit an AuthRep form I got Transmission Failed Could not connect to the internet or the request timed out. The error explanation says "Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1 , position 1

2 Likes

We are checking with CRA to see if they are still having issues with the T1 authorization system since they turned things back on this morning after being down all weekend.
It would appear that their server is not responding to any authorization requests.

1 Like

CRA has confirmed that the T1 authorization system is experiencing a disruption and will advise once it has been fixed.

2 Likes

CRA has advised that the issue has been resolved.
Transmit any authorization requests that were affected earlier in the day.

Still not working for me. ??? Anyone else?

It’s still not working on my end. I am in Atlantic Canada.

Same issue on my end any update?

I keep getting:

Error—ERR.004

Your CRA security code has expired.

To get a new CRA security code, contact usopens in a separate window.

Or, if you wish, you can request your CRA security code to be sent by mail. You should receive it within 5-10 days.

When contacting us, have your individual tax return on hand and provide this message number.

What is this about?

There were some updates to the EFILE security effective Oct. 17. I went in to renew my EFILE and there were different questions than previous years.

FYI As of 11:52 am Atlantic time, the AuthRep is still not working.

OK, I am getting very frustrated! I have a bunch of post assessment reviews that I need to get into CRA and I keep getting the Error - Err.004 Your security Code has expired. Does anyone know the number to call CRA about this, I am located in BC? I even renewed my Efile # and still can’t get access.

@mgbtax … Have you tried calling the General Inquiries line at CRA? 1-800-959-8281
They can help unlock your CRA account.

The same number is also used to get a security code, resolve security issues, and help with your CRA accounts.

I don’t see any other useful phone numbers under the Contact Us “Find the Number” listings.

As noted, since CRA fixed their initial issue, you continued to get the “Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.” message.
After checking with CRA again, it was found that they had changed the format of the response from their server such that TaxCycle was no longer able to read the response, regardless if it was an acceptance or a rejection.
Apparently, they must have reverted their change and you should now be getting the expected messages. We have had a couple users tell us it is now working. We have not yet received confirmation from CRA.

1 Like

It is now working for me in New Brunswick.

1 Like

Okay, just talked with a CRA agent and if you have a my CRA account set up then you can use those credentials to sign into rep a client. It worked for me!

I had an existing business authorization that disappeared after the Oct 17 security change. Called CRA, they didn’t have any history whatsoever on the authorization, even after I gave the confirmation number. Their solution? I now need to process a new authorization under the new process for business authorizations. Thanks CRA!

I’ve just had a client that had forgot their credentials for their CRA MyBusiness account and due to them entering their password multiple times, the account has been locked. Just what I needed :roll_eyes:

That actually happened to me with my RAC account some time back and I was directed to a phone number. The agent had me back up and running in about 15 minutes after probably 30 questions to ensure it really was me.

Nice guy from St Johns and I got to enjoy his wonderful NL accent!!

1 Like