AuthRep - cancel rep

I have almost 200 new Authorization forms to print and get signed. I am authorizing myself and removing the former representative, it will always be the same information for the rep being removed. Is there a way to have the form populate the information instead of entering it on each form?

I’m not aware of a way to do this within TaxCycle. I use a scripting program called AutoHotKey to perform repetitive tasks in some programs. I’ve used it in TaxCycle to do billing, update the engagement form with information I want, and to create text shortcuts. It seems to work fine but there is some front-end work to get the macro scripts to do what you want. Something like that really depends on your level of computer skills, though.

The program can be used for some very complex or very simple things. There are other programs out there like this, such as AutoIT and Macro Recorder.

1 Like

Hi Michael! I think the easiest thing to do would be to create an Excel template containing the values you want to enter on every AuthRep form (e.g. the rep ID and name of the cancelled representative). Then for each return you open, simply go to the AuthRep and import the Excel template. Not only do you save time and keystrokes, but you lessen the chance of typing something in wrongly.
Instructions for creating and using an Excel template are here: https://www.taxcycle.com/Documentation/Preparing-returns/Import-data/Import-forms-from-Excel

2 Likes

Thank you @gail it worked like a charm and yes no double checking for inputting errors except of course when I set up the template.

Thank you

You’re welcome! I’m glad it helped.

1 Like