2023 T1 EFILE is not currently available

Can we get this message regarding the EFile season not being available until the 19th and the associated effect on the 2023 return seeming like it will need to be paper filed removed on your next update.

I think we are all aware of the date. I would like templates and print sets and such to be reflecting the fact the return WILL be EFiled.

From: EFILE / TED (CRA/ARC) CRA.DoNotReply-NePasRepondre.ARC@efile-ted.list-liste.cra-arc.gc.ca
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2024 7:11 AM
To:
Subject: Interruption of services – System maintenance

Interruption of services – System maintenance

Some Canada Revenue Agency systems will be undergoing annual maintenance. As a result, the following service interruptions will occur during the time frames noted below:

• The T3 EFILE and T1135 T3 web services will be unavailable from 11:59 p.m. on Friday, January 19, 2024, until 8:30 a.m. on Monday, February 19, 2024. (Eastern Time)
  • The Pre-authorized debit web service will be unavailable from 11:59 p.m. on Friday, January 26, 2024, until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 19, 2024. (Eastern Time)
  • The T1 EFILE, ReFILE and T1134/T1135 web services will be unavailable from 11:59 p.m. on Friday, January 26, 2024, until 8:30 a.m. on Monday, February 19, 2024. (Eastern Time)
  • The transmission web service for authorizing or cancelling a representative will be unavailable from 8:00 p.m. on Friday, February 2, 2024, until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 5, 2024. (Eastern Time)
  • The Auto-fill my return and Express NOA services will be unavailable from 11:00 p.m. on Friday, February 2, 2024, until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 5, 2024. (Eastern Time)
  • The Express NOA service will be unavailable from 11:00 p.m. on Friday, February 2, 2024, until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 19, 2024. (Eastern Time)
  • The EFILE online service “Transmission History” will be unavailable from 11:00 p.m. on Friday, February 2, 2024, until 8:30 a.m. on Monday, February 5, 2024. (Eastern Time)

Note: There will be no interruption of service to the following EFILE online services: “Register for EFILE”, “Yearly renewal” and “Account maintenance”.

Thanks for that. You missed the point.

@Arliss I think we have some code to make this possible but it hasn’t happened yet. I’ll take another look.

@Arliss Are you using the built-in template and not something you customized? I see the following with our templates. It shows it will need to be efiled once the T183 is signed. If I can reproduce what you’re seeing, I might have a chance of fixing it.

Screen shot is from a test return, so not a real person. :slight_smile:

The print sets to print default to what would occur for a paper filed return.

Wording in letters default to the paper filed option. ie. Sign on the last page …

Return will be EFiled on Feb 19 so it would be nice if everything indicated such without editing and playing around with printing.

In case it is not clear what I am trying to say I will furnish an example.

Say I have a client who has everything for the completion of their return today.
Say they are leaving to the sunny south tomorrow until May sometime.

Currently to get the paperwork ready for printing, signing and so forth requires a lot more effort as the program believes we will be paper filing this return. I believe this is only the case because of the little block you have in there because we can’t EFile at the moment.

My point is we know this to be the case. Remove the little block. What is the worst that can happen. Presumably a few calls I guess from people saying “duh, how come I can’t EFile”.

@Arliss I get what you’re saying. We may have obligations to show that message.

That said, I will look into the print sets and how they behave as well as the “sign on the last page” reference.

I don’t believe so. I do believe I may have had to have this discussion in a prior year once before.

@Arliss Regardless, I still can’t reproduce the situation you describe with the print set or the “sign the last page” text in our current release. The client copy print set and templates are consistent with EFILE eligible but not yet transmitted as long as question 14 isn’t answered Yes on the EFILEWS worksheet. Are you sure you’re using the default print sets and letters?

We have gone over this before. I should have looked back. I guess it has to do with EFILE certification.

Yes, we have dealt with it before and made changes to make this better in templates. That’s why I’m surprised it is still an issue.

You are misunderstanding me or I am not making my self clear… My letter will ask for signing on the last page because it doesn’t think the return is EFIlie eligible.

Print set for EFile will not print either for the same reason.

Are you using a template that you have edited? And I wonder if you have a condition on the print set that is looking at that. (I hate responding that it works on my machine, but right now it is working fine for me, so I’m hoping I can figure out what is different for you.)

Yes I edited the current year template. Mostly just font and margins and my own snipits.

Would you mind sending me your template to try out here?

What would be the preferred method.

Don’t think it has anything to do with it.

Default template indicates the same.

Please sign the following forms on the copy of the return that you send to the CRA:
·Last page of your federal tax return

Okay, thanks. I’m going to see if I can figure out what’s going on with this and why I can’t reproduce it.

@Arliss I finally got to be able to reproduce it. Now to figure out if we can do anything to solve this.