2017 Suggestions

1. I think there should be a diagnostic that tells you that mutual fund disposals have been entered onto the T1S3 when you download T5008. I am concerned that staff will enter a disposal on the S3 and the T5008 download could double up the disposal in error.
  1. would also help the AFR screen if the ‘allocated to spouse’ half of the slip did not show on the list of the spouse’s slip to allocate to on the spouse.

On the 2 Year Variance analysis, can we set a default “Follow up on variance(s) over” %age, and default for the “display on the % variances over the above threshold”

We have to set both on every single return and it gets a) repetitive, and b)forgotten a lot by the staff who then wonder why there are no things marked for “Follow up?”

1 Like
  1. Some of our high net worth clients have 3 way splits of investment slips with a dependent. I’m wondering if the functionality we have for spousal splits could be expanded to dependents if they are indicated as the “3rd party” and their return is contained in the TaxCycle file. For example, if the drop down list for “3rd party” allocations had the dependents in the family return listed by default, and if one was selected from the list their allocation would be transferred to their return.

This scenario occurs only on a few of our family returns each year, so I think it’s pretty rare. If the code that you’ve already written for spousal splits could be leveraged for this I think it would be a worthwhile addition though - it would certainly save our firm a lot of prep hours on these complex returns each year.

1. maybe make the carry forward and accumulation of ROC an optional selection in the options rather than automatic.
  1. Extra “?” on dependent form.

Placed a question mark on the impairment question and got an extra one

Same goes for any mark for that matter

I do much of my review of returns from the Slips screen. It would be helpful if the right-click menu included the option to delete the slip from that screen instead of having to go into the actual slip, delete it, and come back out.

2 Likes

In the hope of solving the never-ending T3 grouping issue, it may help being able, much like the check-marks, to put a number on the T3’s on the slips screen. That way, the reviewer could indicate which T3 slips are grouped as “1”, “2”, “3”, etc.

1 Like

I would also like to be able to remove an override as well

Yes, that would be a good addition to the right-click menu.

1. Consider quick fix to delete spousal information

1 Like

It’s been tried: there is no quick fix to getting rid of anything to do with a spouse :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes
  1. Not sure if this is just an issue I am encountering; however, I have noticed that if I am doing a copy paste from one Taxcycle file to another, there is a significant delay in the actual paste. We are talking two to five seconds.

For example, I am copying an address field to past in the S14 of another file etc.

Could someone confirm there is a delay or if it is just local to my computer?

I’ve noticed the same delay. Thought it was just my computer.

Then it appears that there is a bug that needs to be fixed. I figured it was Taxcycle since I did not experience the issue with any other programs.

@james1, @kevin

Copy/Paste works fine on the machines I’ve tested it on. Are you using terminal services? That adds significant copy/paste overhead over which we have no control.

1 Like

@Cameron,

Just running Taxcycle on my office computer and accessing the data on a server.

I’m running same configuration. Office computer accessing data from my Synology NAS. The delay hasn’t really bothered me as it is a slight delay.

1. When we use a sin of “000000000” for children with CPP survivor benefits that do not have SIN numbers, Taxcycle should ignore this for the purposes of this diagnostic

Live events: It would be nice if the year of death was taken in to account for diagnostics and filing dates of letters. We are supposed enter a date of death even if it is subsequent to the year end, but things like the OAS diagnostic comes up suggesting the person should not have received the full OAS.

2 Likes