TaxCycle | Products | Pricing | Training | Documentation | Support | News

Wrong currency symbol in Client Manager

Very minor UX issue, but I’ve noticed the currency symbol doesn’t display properly on any of the computers in our office in client manager - it’s always a pound sign, ex:

We’re running W10 on all our machines, with regional language set to Canadian English and a $ sign for currency:

Is anyone else experiencing this little issue? Perhaps I’ve gone wrong somewhere along the lines in our shared options profile? The $ sign shows up properly on client letters and invoices, so not a big problem at all.

This is something that I’m looking into. I have the same currency display problem on one of my development machines, but as yet, haven’t been able to figure out why.

The temporary solution is to add /EN to your TaxCycle shortcut.

Sounds good, thanks Andrew.

Any update on this issue?

As per @rick.s and @james_zuzanski, I also have this issue. when I reported it last year, you gave me the same advice, which works (thanks). But, I just tried removing the command line switch, and the problem immediately re-appears.
I can’t remember if I told you at that time - the problem appeared after one of the major Windows updates (“Creators Update”?). And, may have been related to the addition of the “English - Canada” language pack for the Windows “Display Language”. I remember having to download the language pack manually and choose it in Settings, because the Start menu and many of the Windows built-in apps would no longer recognize keyboard input. Some time after curing that problem, I noticed the currency symbol had changed to £ in TaxCycle.