Unknown Memory error in Taxcyle? (split off)

I have also been getting a unknown taxcycle error lately it I leave my computer with taxcycle running the error is very descriptive. not sure if they are related

Does the log file offer any clues? And, how long are you leaving TaxCycle idle before this happens??

It happened after I left the program running on my computer over night; however, I have done that in the past without any issues. It appears to be a memory issue; however, this computer has 16 gig of ram and no other programs are having an issue with memory? I will run diagnostics on the computer to see if there is a ram issue; however, as I mentioned before, the only program having an issue is Taxcycle

System.OutOfMemoryException Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
Source : PresentationCore
at System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE.Channel.SyncFlush()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Stack Frames:
{
	 [06005834] [L_00000013]	at PresentationCore.dll, System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE+Channel::SyncFlush
	 [06001A1D] [L_00000255]	at PresentationCore.dll, System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget::UpdateWindowSettings
	 [06001A0B] [L_00000205]	at PresentationCore.dll, System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget::UpdateWindowPos
	 [060019F5] [L_0000036A]	at PresentationCore.dll, System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget::HandleMessage
	 [06001A92] [L_00000018]	at PresentationCore.dll, System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource::HwndTargetFilterMessage
	 [060001A3] [L_00000030]	at WindowsBase.dll, MS.Win32.HwndWrapper::WndProc
	 [06000193] [L_00000036]	at WindowsBase.dll, MS.Win32.HwndSubclass::DispatcherCallbackOperation
	 [06000F74] [L_00000077]	at WindowsBase.dll, System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper::InternalRealCall
	 [06000F73] [L_00000002]	at WindowsBase.dll, System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper::TryCatchWhen
}

09:30:20.252 Error : Unexpected MainUiThread exception.
TaxCycle 11.0.45841.0

No idea what could be causing this?

@james1 I do this constantly…in fact TC is shut down only to update. WinServer continues running 24/7/365 and TC is the same. No issue here. (WinServer 2016 Datacenter)

I can’t replicate this behaviour, which makes it hard to fix. I suspect it’s a faulty display driver. Does it happen when waking from sleep?

There is a new graphics driver that I have installed plus a couple other updates, so I will see if that makes any difference.

@Cameron , the update of the graphics driver did not solve the issue, the only update I had not completed was the bios which i did this morning. If that does not help, I will have some of the drivers reinstalled to see if that helps

i would also check memory sticks to see if they are seated properly and also run a mem test to see if there is something wrong with the sticks

Did the memory test already, this issue just popped up recently either after a taxcycle of windows update

I guess the bios update solved this issue in the end.