Taxfolder - today's issues March 04 2021

Et al,

Can I get some guidance on the following items.

1. Why is the client’s uploaded data disappearing. This is a constant thing, would love some guidance.

2. Tax folders is making a judgement what is a good email address and what is not, and in turn stripping it from the file.

Any help or guidance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Mark

Mark -

Thanks for the feedback. We need a little more information to narrow down what is happening.

1. What uploaded data is disappearing? Is the whole engagement disappearing? Does the file exist for a while and then disappear? Is it for specific file types? *.jpg, *.pdf etc?

2. For the email addresses - from what file is it stripping these? Or do you mean that the client’s email is removed from the engagement? Any pattern that would help us recreate this issue?

Any more detail would be helpful. If you’re willing, you could send us some screen shots so we can better understand what is happening.

Thanks so much

Cameron,

1. After the client activates the account, and uploads their docs, I have on 4 instances now had the data be there and then not there… yes, I did look at the data, but did not ‘download all’ the data.
    At issue, is once you double click on the client data does it remove itself from the server???

In another instance, where I used the download all client data files, those data files did not migrate.

2. Email issue, prior to tax folders never an issue with the client email in TaxCycle. After sending a doc to tax folder for signature from tax cycle, we now the TaxCycle email address ‘stripped or removed from the TaxCycle file’. As well, TaxCycle is putting an opinion on what is a good email address and what is not, only on the tax folder clients…

Let me know.

You mean the email address of the client is removed from the info form?

That is baffling. We have not added anything to TaxCycle to do this.

Mark, for your question about client files getting deleted. Do you know if your clients are deleting the files? If they delete them from their portal, they will be removed from yours as well.

Cameron,

Maybe coincidental, but in TaxCycle, an opinion was place on an email address by the review protocols, then it was removed…

Mark

Darlene,

I made a point of confirming with the client if they did such or not. In the instances that I am referring to, the client did not!!

Mark