TaxFolder email update

I have a client who changed their email address. I changed in TaxCycle. I went to TaxFolder and updated the email. I then, sent him a 2023 engagement, which he got at the new email. He’s unable to log into his account from the email link he received. The message he gets says:

Your TaxCycle account is not connected to a TaxFolder portal.

I checked and on my dashboard it says client portal is connected. Did I miss a step somewhere?

There is a good section in the TaxFolder help topics that address this:

Client’s TaxCycle Account

Your client must change their email address in their TaxCycle Account themselves.

If the client shows as connected and they were connected under the old email then they can still use the credentials from the old email to sign in. Once signed in they can go to their profile in the top right and update their email address.

Alternatively, you can resend the invite which will disconnect them and they can create a new sign in with the new email address.

1 Like

He did log in using his old email, but says he isn’t able to update the email address in TF. He is able to send me this year’s documents, but doesn’t have access to the old email address.

Does he need access to the old email to update for verification reasons?

When he tried to use the new email from the link, he got the above message.

I’ve had other clients change emails, so I’m not sure what has gone awry this time.

@sarka If it would help, I can DM you his email so you can look at the account.

Send details to info@taxcycle.com and tag me. I can take a look.