Taxfolder Not working

I would hope CCA schedules would be number 1.

1 Like

I hear you. The top priority of the TaxFolder and infrastructure teams I should say. The people who work on CCA and immediate expensing are focused on that.

My clients have been having issues with accessing Taxfolder to sign documents all afternoon. I told them to try after 5pm Central time. Anyone else hearing about issues with Taxfolder?

I can’t even get in right now. :frowning:

We have had trouble signing in most of the day today. Customers are calling us that they cannot sign in.

One reason to use Adobe for e-signatures

Has anybody heard anything about TaxFolder status. My clients cannot login to sign documents and I cannot get in to retrieve documents previously uploaded by my clients.

I would hope that Taxfolder will do the right thing as give us a refund or credit for all the issues. It is our reputation with new and existing clients that is taking a hit since we look incompetent trying to get them to use a service that is constantly down and rife with errors.

3 Likes

All staff and customers have been locked out repeatedly today. Any updates on when these interruptions will be resolved?!

1 Like

Haven’t been able to get into TaxFolder at all, client or preparers, for the last few hours, but it was up and down all day before that. And yesterday.

I know that TC is working on things as fast as they can but man, this sure is making it difficult to do our jobs after we pushed all of our clients to use TaxFolder this year and not e-courier. :grimacing:

Any time frame for this? It’s really frustrating not being able to send things and even more when my clients can’t access their returns

Haven’t seen a timeframe for it coming back up today, but last update they said about a week for any kind of update/fix.

I’m giving up and going home for the day as I can’t do my job until it comes back up. womp womp

I really don’t want to sound sarcastic, but is this the benefit of joining Xero?

Agreed. This tax season has been awful.

I almost jumped into TaxFolder and e-signatures this year. Judging from the posts I’ve seen, I dodged a bullet. For the few clients who do e-sig’s I use Adobe.

I don’t have enough clients that would make the $600 price worth it. A lot of my clients sign a paper copy. They others are able to e-sign using Adobe Acrobat.

DocuSign finally caught up with me and wanted $4000.00+ for the number of signatures that I needed, so after a very informative telephone discussion with @Nezzer a couple of years ago, I signed up with SignNow, since TaxFolder refuses to offer a reasonably-priced electronic-signature-only solution.

Unfortunately, SignNow does require some manual work (no integration with TaxCycle), but it’s cheap and works perfectly. I did seriously consider biting the bullet and switching to TaxFolder this year – but Man am I glad that I didn’t – would have made us look like inept fools in the eyes of our customers.

As others have mentioned here and elsewhere, I pray that this is not a harbinger of things to come, now that Xero has purchased TaxCycle. It has the same odour as CanTax in 1995 and ProFile in whatever year that Intuit bought them? Things were “okay” for another season, then went all to Hell.

I personally think TaxCycle itself will be the same great program it has always been.

How many e-signatures does it take to warrant a $4,000 fee?

500 signatures and store that information on their Canadian servers which is the most outrageous pricing I have ever heard of.