Taxfolder Not working

Unable to open Taxfolder, any idea when we will have access?

TaxFolder is operational - can you please reach out to our support team and we can troubleshoot what is happening for you.

Hi Sarka! Is TaxFolder still being worked on? It has been incredibly unstable and today it’s impossible to use. Keeps saying " Our services aren’t available right now

We’re working to restore all services as soon as possible. Please check back soon.

0ekL+YwAAAABIwfOmwviTQpDVNzOLglaSUERYMzFFREdFMDIyMgA4NmZlZmUwNS1iZWNjLTRiMjQtOTEyZC1jYjNkMThmY2RhYTM=

Was the same all day yesterday too but not as bad as today.

Thanks!

We understand that the timing of the poor TaxFolder performance is incredibly bad with so many people needing everything to “just work” on deadline day. The TaxFolder team here knows that this is critical to get fixed as soon as possible. For some context, this is not a quick or easy fix. We have had to refactor how we load the engagement and client lists, which is not a small task, and we want to ensure that we have not broken anything before we deploy an update.

The current status is that the refactoring is completed and is running in our test environment. Our quality assurance team QA has been testing since this morning and our developers are fixing any issues found as they are being found. In the mean time we are still asking for patience when TaxFolder is not responding and that you refresh your browser and try again after a few minutes.

I am hoping we will be able to release these changes to TaxFolder in the next 1-2 days. I will update everyone when we have a firm release day/time.

Thanks so much Sarka for always being quick with the replies. We appreciate it so much!

UPDATE: We are planning to patch tonight at 7pm MST - this should only create a short outage and minimal interruption for any documents in progress. The update will provide a much needed improvement to the load times and overall performance.

Thanks, Sarka and team!

UPDATE: The patch has been deployed - you may need to refresh your browser. Please note that in order to help speed things up we have had to remove the engagement information from the client list tab. We will post an update in the news feed and on the website tomorrow.

Taxfolder is not working in my end. Thanks

Site is back up now.

Is TaxFolder down again?

Our services aren’t available right now

We’re working to restore all services as soon as possible. Please check back soon.

0JwEBZAAAAAAoN0vVWECwT7VtYG/I/6n6WVRPMjIxMDkwODE3MDA5ADg2ZmVmZTA1LWJlY2MtNGIyNC05MTJkLWNiM2QxOGZjZGFhMw==

The above message was from Chrome.
I was able to login using Edge.
it took 32 seconds to open a clients folder. Just please, do not ask about my internet speed. Everything else works in fractions of seconds.
Comparing to last year, this is a very huge hiccup.

It still isn’t working! This is getting ridiculous! It either gives me the Ajax error or “services aren’t available right now”.

If it’s a client list loading issue, is it possible to make it not load the full list and leave us the search box so we can just search for the client we need? I personally don’t care if I see any actual list because I don’t use TaxFolder for any listing purposes. I just need to be able to search and find the client or engagement I’m looking for.

Also, on a different note, I have some new clients that are getting some error message that they aren’t set up so they can’t upload any files, but I have confirmed that they did the full activation with password. Is this outage related to that?

UPDATE: We have made a configuration adjustment which we expect will address the “Services not available” issue along with the reported issues around document access.

In some cases, you may need to close your browser down and then log back in with a fresh browser to resync the session tokens with TaxFolder.

If you encounter a document link, sent prior to this change, that does not open the document - the immediate resolution will be to re-send that document.

We are currently working on an improved load balancing strategy to make TaxFolder better able to scale to match changes in the load which we hope to be able to deploy in the next week or so. We continue to work through the key areas where performance can be improved based on the logs over the past few weeks.

JUST Now

Our services aren’t available right now

TaxFolder had a short outage at approximately 10:23 AM MT. The site recovered within a couple of minutes. Our team is focused on getting these intermittent outages resolved as soon as possible–it is our top priority. We appreciate your patience over the next week as we work though the next steps to improve TaxFolder’s stability and performance.

Any updates on when tax folder outages might be resolved? Probably don’t need to go into detail on how frustrating this is - day two of issues and don’t really want to deal with this for the next 6 plus weeks.

Looking for an update on when TaxFolder will be up and running.

@diane @clare We hear your frustration. It really is the number one thing the team is looking at right now. We’re monitoring, adjusting resources and working on a lasting fix. It might take a week to get there, but our intention isn’t to let this drag on much beyond that.

If it helps, TaxFolder might be more stable off peak hours when there’s less traffic, so depending on where in the country you are located, earlier in the morning or end of day might be better if you can save up your requests.