TaxFolder: Issue with changing or adding phone number

I have a couple clients that could not sign in to TaxFolder because the phone number was wrong or old. I waited for the weekend update and could change their phone number in client settings. I then resent the activation email. The clients report that the phone number TaxFolder is requesting is still the incorrect one.

What next?

1 Like

If you send your documents from TaxCycle, the document SMS will be based on the phone number you have entered in TaxCycle on the Info page. This is a static value attached to the document package you send for signature. If you resend the package from TaxCycle, it will send the original request again with no changes (ie will not update the phone number).

If you send the document directly from TaxFolder, the SMS will be based on the phone number attached to the TaxFolder client record. Again, once the package is sent, the phone number is static for that package.

If a phone number is mistyped or the client has an updated number, then you have two options:

1. Update the phone number on the info page in TaxCycle and send as a NEW signature request. Separately, update the phone number in TaxFolder for the client record so your information there is also current. You can go to the engagement in TaxFolder and delete the first signature request sent with the incorrect phone number.

1. Go to the engagement in TaxFolder, and in the Approvals and Signatures section of the engagement view, find the signature request. Select Edit, update the phone number in the request, select Edit signature fields, move the signature field slightly to enable the Send for signatures button. This will resend the package with the updated phone number.

Thank you @sarka! I did option two and the client was able to access the information.