T1135 Transmission error

When transmitting 2020 and 2019 T1135 I get the above error message. I successfully filed 2016, 2017, and 2018

@obhorst

Good morning, there is an issue with T1135 transmission where TaxCycle is triggering an internal error and resulting in a transmission failure. The result you posted is what you will see in the Transmission pane. We are working to issue a patch today. Please stay tuned. Thanks for your patience.

Steven

Thanks @Steven! That is what I expected. 2015 wouldn’t transmit either - was that option not available in 2015?

2015 T1135 should transmit no problem. This issue only exists in the latest T2 module (file extension ending in .2020T2). In the 2015 file, if you answer Yes to this question, T1135 can be transmitted and you should be able to see the T1135 transmission in the Transmission Pane on the side.

Steven

The CRA is unable to process your form. The Foreign Reporting Web service does not accept forms for the tax year specified in your T1135. To better identify the source of this problem contact your software vendor.

The above is the T1135 Electronic Transmission Results for 2016. It wasn’t 2015 and I believe I have everything checked appropriately.

@obhorst Save the file with that message then email to my attention. I will reach out to the CRA and ask why.

Thanks!

Steven

Excuse me if I’m missing something obvious but what email address do I use and what exactly should I send; a copy of the entire T2 or just the Foreign income Verification Statement?

@obhorst
Private message me with your email address and I will send you a secure email so you can attach the TaxCycle file and send it back to me.

Steven

Email sent to the CRA to ask. I would not wait for a reply today.
But, generally, they get back to me within a week. Hope that is alright.

Steven

So, I have not heard back from the CRA but I spoke my colleague to ask how T1135 filing works in T1. And, in T1, you can go back as far back as 3 years so back to 2017. Since T1135 system is the same system for T1 and T2, my guess is that 2016 TYE is more than 3 years old and such that the CRA does not allow filing using T1135 transmission in T2. That would be my guess but we shall see…

Steven

@obhorst

T2 patch release is available to download so you can efile T1135 for 2020 and 2019.
Let me know if the patch resolves your issue.
For 2016 T1135, I have not heard back from the CRA yet.

Steven

Thanks, Steven, I can’t ask for any more than that.