Schedule 3 - Prinipal Residence designation donations printout

I just printed several returns where the taxpayer had capital gains but no need for the principal residence designation.Yet it printed each time wasting a sheet of paper.

Please adjust the program so that a ‘No’ answer to 'Did the client sell their home in the year?", result in this additional page of schedule 3 not printing.

Likewise, in my decades of public practice, I have never seen a donation receipt related to Cultural and Ecological Gifts. I’d like to be see the software turn off printing that additional page of the worksheet when no data has been entered.

TIA

1 Like

The principal residence designation issue is a CRA issue not TaxCycle one. Schedule 3 has been redesigned to include the 3rd page regarding principle residence. I assume that in order to get certified they had to include it.

I have had multiple people complaining about this issue in my office.

I was thinking about client copies and office copies (even pdf) being reduced a page or two.

I can’t see that it would be a CRA requirement as Schedule 3 is included in the T1-KFS of the T1 General Condensed.

A client with a 2015 purchase and 2016 rental conversion has
Schedule 3
179… 1… 181… 2015… 182… 224,950.00

I agree. I would think making it a section of the schedule 3 would reduce paper usage as well. I do not know why CRA made the official form 3 pages. You always have the option of removing the S3 from your print sets and this just printing the relevant pages of the S3 as needed.

You always have the option of removing the S3 from your print sets and this just printing the relevant pages of the S3 as needed.

How do you do that?

Go into your options package and select the T1 print sets for 2016. You can than remove the S3 from the various print sets. than you can print the S3 using the single form print and just select the pages you want to print.

all that time wasted to save a sheet of paper?

One sheet multiplied by the number of clients with capital gains.