Scanner Hardware

What type of scanners are people using for T1 documents ?

Any models better or worse at handing T1 documents of varing sizes ?

How well do they integrate with DoxCycle ?

We have a scansnap on each desk. Works well with Doxcycle, and handles small medical receipts well, as well as anything up to 11 x 17

1 Like

I also have a few scansnaps; however, I prefer the twain scanners with the scansnap mode myself. For example

https://www.costco.ca/Fujitsu-Fi-7140--Duplex-Deluxe-Colour-Scanner-with-ScanSnap-Mode.product.100237386.html

1 Like

I have 2 Fujitsu fi-7160. Fast & jam free.

1 Like

Yes, I have been running four Fi-6130Z for a few years and had no issues.

1 Like

We have the Brothers DCP and MFC series printers on the staff’s desks and also have a higher speed Samsung printer / scanner for the people who do the bulk of the tax slip scanning. All of these have worked well.

1 Like

we have the scan mate by kodak

1 Like

We use an A.B. Dick 217G for the tougher jobs. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks all for the input. One more thing - Are you using the optical character recognition feature of DoxCycle or are you just scanning and storing the information only ?

I am using full doxcycle for all 3000 t1 that we do it cut down a lot of time

1 Like

OCR as well.

2 Likes

We are also using all of the DoxCycle capabilities, including OCR. (We also used the advice from this post to order a replacement scanner, so thanks for posting the question so I didn’t have to :slight_smile: )

1 Like

fullf Doxcycle capabilities, including OCR.

1 Like

Which one did you purchase? An A.B. Dick 217G?:grinning:

4 Likes

That was my first choice, but I couldn’t find compatible cables. :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip on this scanner ! Costco FI-7140

We tried one in February. Worked so well that we bought another one this month.

They are very good scanners, the only downfall is you need to download the the scansnap mode software since it is not on the CD.

The scansnap mode is nice to use once in a while depending on what you are doing; however, you cannot use the Twain and scansnap mode at the same time.

Am just a small operation who already has a multifuntion. Integration was an issue, as they have warned. Simple workaround is scan to a thumbdrive and use that to import to Doxcycle. Works like a charm and is only one extra step

Or you could use the folder monitoring option built into Doxcycle that monitors a folder you scan to. It does work very well. Look under Doxcycle options-monitor

After you scan the document, you can see them on the ribbon in doxcycle and then you can import them

2 Likes

I use this folder as well to throw items into that have been ‘printed’ to PDF, that I want to go to Doxcycle.

1 Like