Scanners

Is the Fujitsu Scansnap still the best recommended scanner for Doxcycle? We had a lot of slips last year that had to be manually entered. Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

My (now almost ancient) Scansnap - the original S1500 model from 2012(?) is still going strong and works fine. In the meantime, another office I have worked in has replaced two others…

For my money - still the best. I think the new models are even faster.

I would recommend the brother image center ads-2800w bought it last year to replace the kodak scanner it is the best thing i did. We scanned 13775 document scanned in 12 months running .

1 Like

We recommend buying a scanner with the following specs:

• TWAIN-compliant. This means DoxCycle can directly control the scanner. Most scanners on the market are TWAIN compliant, but a few popular scanners (like the Fujitsu ScanSnap) are not.
  • Document feeder. Pick a scanner with a document feeder so you can stack papers and let it do the work of feeding them in. (A flatbed scanner means you’ll need to swap each page out one at a time.

DoxCycle supports older Fujitsu ScanSnap scanners via an alternate workflow, but if you’re going to buy a new one, we suggest the TWAIN-compliant models for the most efficient processing.

The information about the Fujitsu ScanSnap is interesting. When we started using Taxcycle/Doxcycle for 2014 tax returns we were told this was the recommended scanner at the Technology Tour.
Has the recommendation changed due to changes in the software? The SanSnap had worked great until last year.

Fujitsu fi-7160’s have been wonderful. Likely newer model since purchased. Still have a Scansnap in storage for backup but have never needed it since the upgrade.

1 Like

https://www.costco.ca/fujitsu-fi-7140--duplex-colour-scanner-with-scansnap-mode.product.100237386.html

I bought 2 of these from Costco February of 2017 and they have worked great for 4 tax seasons. I would not hesitate to buy another.

I paid $995.00 each and I see that they are $999.99 now.

this is a picture of the one we use $599.00

I echo this recommendation. I have been using the Brother ADS-2000 since Feb 2013…Still works like a charm.