Political contribution

If I have a political contribution receipt do I enter the amount on both line 409 (federal - schedule 1) and 6310 (Provincial ON479) or just line 409?

You enter Political Contribution Receipts on the “Credits” (Details of various credit amounts) worksheet… about 3/4 of the way down that page.

If your receipt is for a Federal Political Contribution (ie Elections Canada) then it gets entered in the left column (Federal line 409) and if the receipt is for a Provincial Contribution (ie Elections Ontario) then it gets entered in the right hand column (Provincial line 6310).

You get one or the other depending on the receipt. If you were to enter the same receipt in both columns you would effectively be getting paid to make political contributions… :slightly_smiling_face:

The tax credit on a political contribution is obscene enough as it is… :grinning:

Thank you.

I can think of several “unmentionable benefits” for political contributions …
But living in Ontario’s “Land of Plenty” … my contribution was deferred this past winter, towards payment for the added carbon tax on my heating fuel bill …:cry: