New T1 AgriStability participant with no PIN causing efile error

New AgriStability participants generally get their PIN after filing their tax returns. We are trying to efile a T1 return for a new MB AgriStability participant. TaxCycle won’t allow us to efile it since there is no PIN entered. We can check the box with a check mark but it doesn’t clear the error message. Is there some way to clear this message without entering a PIN? I checked under the “Options” whether we could uncheck the error message but it’s grayed out. Is there a simple fix to this that I’m missing?

Sadly, no, there is no workaround. CRA has changed their rules and a PIN is now required. An EFile error is generated without it: #Y80008 Under the Participant Identification section on Form T1163 or T1273, the Participant Identification Number (PIN) entered is invalid or the field is blank. You must enter a valid PIN to file your form electronically.

You can find your PIN on your AgriStability or AgriInvest statements. If this is your first year applying for AgriInvest, please call the AgriInvest Administration at 1-866-367-8506 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Central standard time, Monday to Friday) or visit agr.gc.ca/agriinvest to find out how to get a PIN.

@gail Thank you! I should have done a little bit more research before posting. But thank you for your help!

I have heard that you can use 88888888 as the pin and it will efile, while signaling to CRA and MACS that it’s a temporary PIN.