New AuthRep procedure for deceased individuals?

Today an AuthRep submitted electronically through TaxCycle was Rejected (Previously it would just say the AuthRep could not yet be processed yet as CRA was waiting for certain documents - namely the Will and Death Certificate). Simultaneously we would always submit the Will and DC (or form P19) through our RepID using the Submit Documents service and “Update to Owner/Legal Representative/Executor” for the individual. And then after a few weeks we would be granted online access to the deceased individuals information… all would be good.

Today, our signed AuthRep through TaxCycle was Rejected by CRA even though the check boxes and Executors name are all filled out correctly. (No longer a simple note saying they are waiting for documents).

Does anyone know of Changes to the process? In the meantime we will wait the 28 days and try to file the AuthRep through TaxCycle again.

I filed for AuthRep on Sep.19 using the Submit Documents process you describe, and received RAC authorization on Oct.13 - this was for a husband & wife who died in May & Aug/2023 respectively. Relative to past experiences, this is extremely quick ( and, given CRA consistency, probably an anomaly). Nonetheless, hope springs eternal…

1 Like

I’m curious, did you ever determine the correct steps? It seems CRA has changed this process significantly, but even with following their new steps, I’m not having any luck getting online access.

I’ve since found that sending a Request for CRA to Update Records, including a copy of the Will and Proof of Death (via Submit Documents), and letting several weeks pass, seems to facilitate the subsequent AuthRep request. I hesitate to say that this will work consistently as that particular state of nirvana seems elusive at best.

1 Like

Honestly, I’ve given up completely trying to get authorized on a deceased account on my own. I now make the executor call and get themselves authorized, and then get them to add me. It still takes a month, but it’s not me jumping through hoops.

1 Like