Multi-factor authentication to access CRA login services

Yes I was forced to move to MFA (or CRA’s version of it) since I was picked to participate in this new exciting program from CRA. Then when I went to logon, my account was locked yesterday after they killed the MFA program is my guess.

Oh I don’t know - that all sounds like colder suffering… :dizzy_face:

@jhd.hemeon
I think that the “ERR.021” needs to be directed to “eservices” (often two long telephone hold queues)
Possibly linked to potential exposure to identity theft / improper access.

AFAIK, the “ERR.021” matter started after the CRA Hacks issue mid-2020, but before the MFA issue, so I doubt it has anything directly to do with that process.

Take lots of deep breaths - could take a while (and expect your personal T1 to be flagged for Review because of potential improper access)

During the process to get my RAC access reinstated last month, I went through the “what’s on line #” of both my 2018 & 2019 T1’s. Then the agent asked me to check my direct deposit information, my address, any field that might have been altered, etc. I must say, once I got through the initial agent to the person who could fix it, things went fast and like clockwork. She knew exactly what to do. So, if I can get that far tomorrow, I should be good to go. Right now, I have one pkg of 45 T4’s to file, and I have my client’s access code, so I don’t need RAC. But, I always check the total remittances before transmitting, so I’ll hold off. So far, I’ve only done a few PD27’s to get the 10% TWS after the fact. One involved a manual payroll with the records kept as a spreadsheet, so that was a nightmare. Another was done in Sage, and it gave me the exact information I needed, so, it was a breeze. I’m going to hold off walking across the road to the Atlantic until at least tomorrow night.

Short walk to the Atlantic is looking better. Waited 3 hrs to get through to CRA today. Now I’m to wait for a call from a senior agent. Could be up to a week. I guess I’m mailing T4’s to CRA. Working on a year end now where the client is routinely late with HST remittances. This requires I have access to all 3 of their accounts, so, I guess that’s on hold for now.

I called CRA 5525 number before noon here and got an agent immediately.

Can’t use 5525 for this. Since My Account, My Business Account, and RAC are all tied to your SIN, I have to use 8281.