Importing into Doxcycle without recognizing documents

Occasionally, I get documents which are poor quality images and Doxcycle hangs on the recognition.

Would there be a way just to import the document and by-pass the recognition engine so I can categorize myself?

1 Like

Try “Multi-page or other” pick “Other”

I use it frequently.

Tried that, still have problems with certain PDF (For example, B&W pictures of forms which are not flat to the camera.)

1 Like

Try scanning outside of Doxcycle (higher res) and importing. That solves a lot of my quality issues.

This is a client provided scan. I can print and attempt to rescan, but the quality of the image isn’t going to significantly change.

It would be nice to just have the pages import.

Since I have a full copy of Acrobat, I could just add the pages, but am not certain what the impact would be.

1 Like

Happening again - same issue for me - PDF sent by financial institution - won’t import - yet I have Acrobat as well - no issues in Adobe.

EDIT - Found the solution. The issue was that the client was sending a PDF created in an old Xerox document writer that saved it as (Acrobat 3.x). DoxCycle requires a minimum of (Acrobat 4.x). By opening the file in Acrobat - and clicking “Save As…” you can just overwrite the PDF file with the same name, and Acrobat will automatically upgrade it to (Acrobat 4.x) compatibility. Then it will pull in as normal.

Tag @admins