DoxCycle does not recognize certain PDFs

Anyone else have issues with DoxCycle not importing certain PDFs?

My only solution is to open the PDF in Adobe and then print to Microsoft print to PDF printer. The new copy is then recognize into DoxCycle.

I am not sure it this has to do with file versions. The document version before print to is 1.6 Acrobat 7.X and after it is 1.7Acrobate 8.x

1 Like

the way i get around it is save the pdf in say download folder then click import button and pull from there

That’s what I usually do, but in some cases they are not importing. Sometimes I get an error message in Dox, but sometimes I don’t.

Yup, happens all the time. Consistently with B2B rrsp slips. Always have to print them to pdf.

I wish they would add .png files to the list so I stop having to waste my time converting them.

1 Like

Module has been all but abandoned.

2 Likes

Maybe someone at TC will have a look @Cameron @Elizabeth @sarka
Some of us still use it. It is what I use exclusively to store client documents.

4 Likes

I am still waiting on Box 15 on the T4A to get added in DocCycle. They added box 45 for the T4 so why not update the T4A.

1 Like

It would be great as well if it showed on the Slip Summary

@mgbtax I checked in with the engineering team and they have added Box 15 for T4 and are just waiting for it to be in the next DoxCycle release. I’m not sure exactly on the timing. Thanks for bringing it up to us.

1 Like

@grangers2016 I’ve spoken with engineering and they have logged a ticket to look into it. They may need to reach out for more information if that’s okay.

1 Like

No problem, thanks!

RC210, T2202 instead of T2202A, AuthRep instead of T1013, etc…

Lots of suggestions from other tax years that have fallen on deaf ears.

3 Likes

Us too, we use it all day every day. It’s a great system but definitely needs work in the classification department. Never gets the taxpayer right when auto sorted

Could you send one of the problematic PDF files into support? It would help us troubleshoot the issue.

I sent one just now through Titan for you as well as a screenshot of the error message it generated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I see it. I’ll see what I can do.

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone who sent in sample files so we could see the issue. Here’s where things stand…

The files aren’t being imported because they are lower than 300dpi, probably because your clients scanned or used a camera that created a file at a lower resolution. This is a requirement because to make the OCR work as well as it does, we need at least a 300dpi file. OCR is what drives the data extraction and automatic classification.

I thought that previously we allowed import of lower quality so that they can be included in the PDF but just flagged the image quality as a potential issue. So we’re looking into seeing whether that is indeed the bug.

1 Like

Another type of PDF that I always have problems with is any PDF is that “secured”. I get why DoxCycle can’t import a secured PDF, but it would be great if DoxCycle didn’t freeze when I accidentally hover over the preview of it from the Unassigned Folder. I have screenshots I can share if this is the first time you’re hearing about it.

Thanks @mel! Could you possibly throw those screenshots and the description in an email and send into support? Feel free to mention me. That will help us see if we can improve this.