First time filers

Hello, I am looking for a way to find first time filers in Tax Cycle. We’ve tried using Client Manager to search for ‘No prior year return’, but that does not always give us accurate results. For example, a client may have filed in 2020 but has not yet filed 2021 and 2022.

When creating a new return, in the Client Type drop down, we have the option to mark them as Prior, Recommended or New.

Is it possible to query Tax Cycle to find those marked as ‘New’ in the drop down?
Or, is there a way to search for those that have no prior year returns created at all?

Screenshot attached.

client_type

You can add the “Client Since” column to your client view and then use that to find clients added in the current year. The screenshot looks like it may be a custom intake form for your firm - do you know what field the “Client Type” is mapped to in TaxCycle?

Hi, yes I think it’s a custom field but it is not mapped (that I see) to a TaxCycle field like most of the other fields I can reference when creating custom searches. I will try to Client Since field. Thanks for reaching out!