Deleted duplicate file

I created a duplicate file to check out a couple scenarios and deleted it once I had the answers I needed.Now I keep getting
Screenshot 2022-03-21 070557
every time I open the file. How do I stop getting this message, as it’s annoying?

Reindex? Worth a try.

If it is still in your recycle bin, you will get the error. Clear your recycle bin and that should clear the message

Didn’t work.

The file has been permanently deleted and still get the message…

I had a similar thing happen two evenings ago, @helga_spence where I received the message of a duplicate file which prevented e-filing a return. In my case, the mother’s return was linked to the daughter’s return, but I also had a separate, unlinked return for the daughter that I didn’t realize existed. I closed TaxCycle (to make sure all files were closed), then opened the directory the file was stored in and “shredded” the unlinked file (using my McAfee Anti-virus shredder software). When I re-opened TaxCycle, on the Welcome to TaxCycle page, on the Recent list, the shredded file was now a lighter blue colour with the message that it was no longer available. I simply selected that file from that Recent list, Right clicked my mouse, and selected “Remove from List” in the submenu that opened. The file was now gone. I then opened the mother’s file, verified that the daughter’s info on the daughter’s linked file was accurate, and proceeded to successfully e-file both returns.

I hope this is solves your problem.

2 Likes