Client Manager Issues

Any update on a solution @Andrew

Weā€™ve been retesting the update process from several older versions of TaxCycle and havenā€™t been able to reproduce this behaviour yet.

@Andrew I will send you a email

It may not help you @james1 but I completely lost the Client Manager with one of the last updates as well. What I needed to do (for some reason) was to repeat the process of setting up the Client Manager to run as a Network user all over again. It was explained to me that sometimes the setting gets lost if you update TaxCycle via a Full Install rather than an Auto-update and the whole setup needs to be performed again.

In my case, when I looked at the ā€œMonitored Foldersā€ there was a red X beside all of the monitored folders instead of the green check mark. This is what prompted me the Client Manager had lost access to the folders and likely lost its status as a network user.

Performing the tasks in this link was how I was able to regain access to the Client Manager.

1 Like

@snoplowguy has the solution for my issue and I thought that had something to do with it, I had gone as far as stopping and restarting the service but did not consider looking at the properties and I should know better to check the properties. I did not need to do the whole setup, just put the username back in since it appears the password was still there, but I entered it as well. @cameron should put you on the support team.

If you are trying to use the auto update and will not install, I will resort to full download and install

I was able to get my client manager back. A couple of things:

1. I had to download the patch manually and update Tax Cycle, auto update was not working.

2. I think one of the updates had caused the client manager to stop itself (we certainly didnā€™t stop it ourselves), and it required me to go into the client manager options and restart it.

After these two things it came back.

I feel like Iā€™m the lucky one here. Just before these client manager issues surfaced, I reinstalled my O/S to resolve an entirely different issue not related to TaxCycle. So naturally, I had to reinstall all my applications, including TaxCycle. I had previously saved a backup copy of my Windows AppData Roaming folder and copied those files back into the new AppData Roaming folder, so all my TaxCycle configurations from before were restored on next reboot. This new O/S install also meant that I had to manually restart the Client Manager to get that working again. So, my timing was perfect with this reinstall, as I didnā€™t experience the grief everyone else had in troubleshooting why their client manager failed. I knew the cause of why mine failed and was quickly able to restart it.

@james1 and @snoplowguy - I have to assume you are both running CM on a different locale from your TC installation?

At least as far as I can tell, if TC is running on the same machine, you can run CM as SYSTEM, without the need for a local account logon. Mine is on my Windows Server together with TC and data files and I had the same issue until restarting CM directly.

Taxcycle updates tend to turn off client manager fairly often, Not as bad these last few updates but it used to be almost every time you ran the upgrade.

Yes, I have Taxcycle running on an virtual RDS Server which has the client manager database; however, the client data is on another virtual server so Taxcycle needs to have the proper credentials to access and index the data drive. I would say this was not a very big issue, only since it was the first time I ran into it. If it happens again, it takes less than five minutes to fix. Personally, I think it was a windows update that may have caused the issue not the Taxcycle update.

I am wondering if this issues has been resolved in the latest update? I really dont want to reset up my client manager as it took days before and I dont have that sort of time?

I wonder if reindexing has helped anyone??

Thanks!

contact info@taxcycle.com and I am sure they can figure out what is causing your issue

Hi,

I donā€™t have AppData in my path C:\Users\Gay\

this is why I have been unable to efile an amended T4.

You can view your logs under options under diagnostics see screen shot also the app data folder is a hidden folder under view highlight hidden folder then appdata will appear

You have to key appdata in yourself, that directory is hidden