Client can not upload documents

Hi. I have a US client trying to upload documents to Taxfolder so I can prepare her Cdn return. Settings indicate that she is allowed to upload. Any suggestions to try? I was going to delete her and set up again but that doesn’t seem to be an option (I deleted but then can only restore, can’t set up from scratch again). I even tried a second email address that she has with the same result. Is this an issue because she is in the US? Its been working great for me otherwise.

It depends on the error message and what you mean when you say she can’t upload files. Is she connected to her TaxFolder account with the green link? Is she getting the error message when trying to log in?

Lots of companies block TaxFolder at the source when their employees are connected to their network, so after you confirm she’s connected to her TaxFolder, and what her specific error message is, I would advise her to try a different wifi/network/device.

I will have her try that. She can log into her account but can not upload any documents. She tells me the message she is getting is that the page is not working but I will ask for exact message.

I would get her to send you a screenshot of the error message and then email it to taxfolder support to have them take a look at what’s going on with her particular account.

Thanks. Message is “this page isn’t working” and “Taxfolder is currently unable to handle this request”. I’ll reach out to support.

Report back once you know! I’ve never had either of those error messages, but if I come up against them I’ll know where to start troubleshooting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there an active engagement for the client? Are they able to sign into the portal? If yes, are they clicking on the “Documents” button to open the engagement modal where they can manage their documents? If yes, is that when they are seeing the error?

Did they try a different browser? Could be something in the browser settings that is preventing access.

If they are still having issues, please contact support with the client information and we can take a look.

@sarka yes there is an active engagement. Yes they can log into portal. I have reached out to client to find out exactly when error message is showing and I reached out to support about 5 hours ago. Thanks