Bug Report: T1 Billing & Invoice

Has anyone else noticed this error on the Billing worksheet which transfers to their client invoices?

On the Billing worksheet, the Per Schedule Label for the T1 Return has a default stating: “2021 Federal Return”. It said this last year as well, so this is the 2nd year with this error. I should state “2023 Federal Return”. Thus, an override of this field is required on each return to enter the correct tax year. I didn’t notice it last year, so all my last year’s invoices show “2021 Federal Return”. At least I’ve caught it this year and am manually correcting it.

Can this be addressed for the next TaxCycle release?

This transfers to the CInvoice as follows:

PS: I posted this comment 12 days go on the “2023 T1” Bug Report thread but there were NO replies to it indicating nobody saw it, thus I’m reposting it on this new thread.

Using TaxCycle version 13.1.52339.0, when billing by schedule, it’s showing up as “Federal Return” for me.

@kozakworld did you check your options to make sure you don’t have “2021 Federal Return” written in the English line item description?

Go to Options > T1/TP1 > Price and search for T1. The make sure there’s nothing in the column for the description…

2 Likes

BINGO. That solved the problem. I must have manually coded that line and forgot about it. Thank you for helping me resolve it, @RichJ. Very much appreciated.