Billing

Could you pls add a line in the Billing worksheet for the amount after taxes as well, so we can post
the amount onto Sch 4 if applies.

Otherwise have to calc the tax component on to the amount

Both amounts before and after taxes would be helpful

thx

Hi,

We have added the prior year total after tax to the Prior year area of the billing worksheet. Look for it in our next release.

~ Rob

On the Billing Worksheet, I occasionally have fees that I want to override and not charge some clients. With profile, I would simply override the amount and the line wouldn’t show up on the Invoice. This does not work in TaxCycle, as it then shows the line with the fee left blank. If I delete the row, it wants to re-create it. If I override the entire row, I get a blank row on the invoice.

Is there a way to overcome this issue without having to remove the fee from the Fee schedule in Setup? The only other option I can think of is to record a Discount to remove the fees that I don’t want to charge.

Also, sorting the Fees in the worksheet … the options are Ascending or Descending.
I wish there was an option to restore default sorting, because as soon as they are sorted, the T1 Federal jacket gets moved out of the top position and now I have to manually move it back up.

I much prefer Profile’s billing system over TaxCycle. It will take a while to adjust, or I switch to using Quickbooks for my billing.

Everybody loves a discount. :grinning:

1 Like

If you want the line to hide when the amount is zero, you can change the logic that shows the line in the invoice template.

The reason we do this is that some of our preparers want to show all the lines because it shows work that has been done, even if no fee was charge for preparing that form…

Here’s the change I’m talking about, highlighted in yellow

Thank you, Cameron.
Appreciate that tip. Very helpful. I hadn’t thought to check if there was a template for the worksheet.
I played with it briefly but the code placement you suggested didn’t work. I’ll play with it later when I have more time.

What is the Mustache code to enter a Carriage Return?
The Billing Worksheet “Description of Services” doesn’t use carriage returns between different lines. In contrast I prefer using carriage returns for each new item in that description vs using paragraph format. Is this possible?

@Cameron - this was helpful (I used a higher threshold than 0 to focus on the important ones while still pricing the smaller ones) … however…

I’m wondering if there is a way to manually sort the line items either in the Price List options, or on the Billing Worksheet other than “Descending” or “Ascending”.

For example, we would like the T1 to show above AB428 - which it does at first. But when we try to rearrange anything, then it limits our options. We currently show the {{Form}} and {{Details}} … but we would like to rearrange the layout of the Billing Worksheet so the items are in a specific order.

Idea: perhaps allowing us to assign a Ranking Number on the Billing Worksheet, then sort by that? I originally tried it with a bunch of price overrides, but it defeats the purpose of the price list.

Idea 2: Insert a “Rank” column in the price list, so you can sort how they show up on the Billing Worksheet

1 Like

Another option is to take the line item pricing out of the Invoice template entirely. Our invoices show each line item, but then only show the total (plus admin fee, minus discounts, plus tax).

1 Like

I have always just not shown the details of schedule charges but I like this idea.

I wonder if that could be incorporated into the coding and billing worksheet by Taxcycle?

Seperate choice for “Show details of schedule charges on client invoice?” and “Show details of schedule items on client invoice?”

1 Like

@Arliss we used the visibility formula that @Cameron suggested so only fees that are over a certain threshold show up. Also, in our template, we actually removed the price column from the schedule - so that way it prints the listing, of amounts over a threshold, but only shows the total fee - not a breakdown.

For example, anything that hits $20 (just for presentation purposes - not the actual fee) shows up - only one kid - nothing… but 4 kids… that’ll show up. In this example, we override the actual fee.

The result of our template using the $20 threshold instead of $0 … and by deleting the part that shows the fee in the list, (using our code below) results in just the summary.

CODE:

Result of all of the above:

But, you can see how the ordering of the items has no rhyme or reason to the sequence - which is why I would like to see a Ranking column that you can program or edit manually.

Yes we do that too… but if you look at my example further down - the issue is that it looks messy. There is no structure to the listing.

Not as clean a solution, but if you delete an item off the billing worksheet it drops down to the bottom of the list, so if this was important enough you could delete things in the order you want to have them show up in order.

But I think most of my clients won’t read the invoice in this much detail so I mostly don’t bother.