Add Covid-19 Information Boxes to Existing Slips

I realize this feature was added to the software more than a week ago, but I wanted to say Thank-you for doing this. It has saved me a considerable amount of time not having to add each of these boxes to every T4 slip that has been carried forward.

During T4 preparation I have experienced that if you Quick Fix or select “Yes” to add these boxes, but during T4 preparation subsequently delete one or more of those boxes from an individual T4 slip (because the employee had no earnings in one of those periods) the Quick Fix becomes undone… meaning the cell in the info screen “Display Covid-19 codes 57 to 60 for all new T4 slips” turns yellow again, as does the Employees Name in the first T4 slip in the file. I have found the workaround for this; do the Quick Fix “Yes”, which adds those boxes to each T4, then change that answer from “YES” to “NO”. The audit message goes away, and the boxes still remain.

Also, Thank you so much for the T4 Slip Summary (Form T4Slips ) that allows for complete customization of that worksheet as well as being able to save your customization as the default for all employers! The fact that some data entry is permitted on that screen has saved me time as well. I am entering employment income, CPP, EI, and Tax directly into that screen… then I can go to the T4 slip and enter the remaining data.

I also love the blue highlighter that lights up as you cursor over each employee in the T4 Slip Summary … that helps to check the data with my input sheets.

Well done in my opinion.

1 Like