2024 Suggestions (TaxCycle, DoxCycle & TaxFolder)

Here are a few suggestions for next year’s software:

TaxCycle

• Billing: when emailing the invoice, having an option to automatically add the spouse’s email along with the principal taxpayer’s email.
  • Track: when emailing/printing principal taxpayer’s invoice, add option to mark spouse’s “Client invoice sent” as completed or being able to set this option on the spouse’s return as not required.
  • Carryforward climate CMA answers (I’m in NB so new for us - could already be the case).
  • Tax Information Checklist: could the “Last year’s NOA” be removed if we have a valid online access for the client on file? Would reduce the amount of paperwork to go through in doxcycle or scan…
  • Tax Information Checklist: can we add the client’s name on top or bottom of each page, as well as page numbers. Would greatly help when importing into DoxCycle.

DoxCycle
Agree with other comments this year that DoxCycle needs a bit of TLC.
-I’d like to have the ability to add other documents (other than PDF), like word or excel. No need for them to be viewed directly into DoxCycle, but a link to would be nice. Would help me with filing documents from clients.

• Same as email - having some type of plugin with Office “Send to DoxCycle”?

TaxFolder

• Ability to at least have a new client intake form that new clients can securely fill out basic information (i.e. Info and Dependant tabs from TaxCycle), including SIN and upload documents. I used my own form now, but for security purposes I do not allow the SIN to be provided at this stage nor documents.
  • Ability to set Engagement status as complete from a print set (i.e. when sending client copy of return).
  • Message board with client, instead of sending an email to them?
  • Ability to set certain document expiration date later (i.e. engagement letter). I send my client’s checklist and engagement letter in early February to allow client’s engagement to be created and be able to upload documents as they get them. However, for some, by the time to get to it, the document has expired…

Pricing: I only do T1 now - can we have a Small Firm package (T1, DoxCycle, TaxCycle, perhaps T3 for deceased taxpayers, TaxFolder)? Don’t know if anyone else is in the same boat?

Same - in BC, but also have clients in other provincnes…and the CMA question I need to look at every year. I just add a Memo, mark it Carry Forward to next year and it reminds me.

And, given that so many people now get electronic NOAs I have an “addy check” custom mark…to remind me to check that their mailing address hasn’t changed!

Just wanted to let you know we have noted your suggestions.

We recognize that DoxCycle needs some love and we are working on making some improvements for next year. One of our focus areas is looking at how we can improve the OCR. I will add your suggestion to support links to other files to our customer suggestion list. Out of curiosity, TaxCycle already allows you to attach a file to any field and reference that link in the sidebar, what would having this feature in DoxCycle allow you to do differently or better?

For TaxFolder, it was always our plan to embed a process to facilitate the preseason checklist which could flow back to a new or existing tax return. To date, our focus has been primarily on performance, stability and security while adding features and improvements where we can. The request to complete an engagement from TaxCycle has been on the list for quite a while and is now getting closer to the top of the priority list as we recognize this could be a great time saver for everyone. Client notifications to reduce emails is another feature request already on the list and something I hope to include when we are able to refresh of the client portal (where I think we can make some other improvements).

As you can imagine, we get lots of great suggestions every year and we have to prioritize based on customer impact, effort and other initiatives where resources need to be allocated.

Love the feedback - keep it coming :slight_smile:

1 Like