Intuit ProFile had a few nice features which really helped in managing high volume personal tax returns.
- I am wondering which of any of these features exist in TaxCycle or can be added to TaxCycle.
- If they exist, could someone indicate how these can be set-up in the Options module.
BACKUP file in a backup folder
In ProFile you could configure a backup setting so that if anything happened to your working copy you still had a backup one. This really helped a lot during the busy season by providing access to more than one copy of the return and for recovery in the event that something happened to the working file. Typically the backups were saved to a separate back up folder.
Q1 - Does TaxCycle have an autocopy or backup feature?
Q2 - Can the copy of backup be directed to a sub-folder?
PDF folder and other subfolders
In ProFile you could configure multiple sub-folders so that only your active tax file was in the default folder and all the remaining stuff were in sub-folders in each year.
In my case, I used the following sub-folders under each tax year:-
- Backup - to house a copy of the tax file
- EFile - to house efile confirmation PDF’s sent that efile calendar year for multiple tax years.
- T1013 - to house the T1013 confirmation
- Invoice - to house the tax invoices sent and paid.
- PDF - to house all pdf copies for all clients.
I know that Client Manager can manage some of these functions. However, a backup folder and a PDF folder would be very useful.
Q3 - How do others manage the high volume and busy tax season document bloat?