Preparer Files - Feedback

I wanted to thank Trilogy for the latest design changes to TaxFolder; specifically the changes made to the Preparer Files section and the way we can now upload directly to that section.

I am now able to simply drag & drop a completed T1 return (or any other document) directly into the preparer section of TaxFolder. The client receives an automatic email with the subject “Final copies of your documents are available on TaxFolder.com”.

This bypasses the need for the client’s signature or approval; and does not need to be sent from within TaxCycle. I’m not sure about others, but this is a very convenient way for me to upload copies of T1 returns and Notices of Assessment without having to send a manual communication advising the client to log in to TaxFolder for their documents.

This also encourages clients to make use of TaxFolder. If they want a pdf copy of their return they will need to log into their account.

Once again, thank you for this feature! :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. It was a much requested option and we are glad we could get it added this season. As part of this release we will also be providing an optional TaxCycle build for our TaxFolder users that will include a setting in the print dialogue to “Share files” when printing from TaxCycle. This will print to the Preparer Files section in TaxFolder and trigger the email notification to the client.

On the client side, they can view and download the documents but cannot add to this section or delete files you upload.

With this release we also added a column on the dashboard which will provide a count of documents your client has uploaded for you that have not yet been viewed. This will make it easier to see if you have new client documents that need to be processed.

2 Likes

Hi Sarka, when is this release going to be available. I love the new features you mentioned, especially the option to share files when printing from TaxCycle to the preparer section.

Cheers

That version is released, however, it does not seem to be working properly…

@BertMulderCGA

Bert what release number is it, I don’t even see any of the options that Wayne mentioned. I am using version 10.142708.0 and don’t have the Share Documents option.

Cheers

A new build is coming - we have identified a bug which is currently being fixed where printing multiple print sets that include one that has the new workflow to Preparer Docs is creating a duplicate engagement when there is no label entered for the engagement in TaxFolder.

It should be ready later today or tomorrow and will include this print dialogue update:

In the meantime, you will need to print to PDF and drag and drop the file into the NEW Preparer docs section of the engagement in TaxFolder as a work-around.