SignNow and DocuSign?

Hi,

Can you please add SignNow as well for E-signature beside DocuSign. I know you have DocuSign available, but I already have SignNow account and lots of my documents and clients communications are in SignNow, and it is very easier and really user friendly.

Plus SignNow has template option (you put an Auth template form and clients fill the form by themselves) that is not available in DocuSign (as of my best of knowledge).

Thanks,

I would second Signnow. For me as a part time practitioner, Signnow is significantly cheaper than Docusign.

Pricing definitely is more appealing for the little guy.

Agreed on the pricing issue. Even with the discount from Docusign I thought it too pricy for my practice.

Email/print/sign/scan or photo back is a LOT less, though somewhat more cumbersome.

Would love a “send and authorize” package that’s affordable. (I do understand the choice of Docusign - they are the market leader as far as I know.)

I signup with Acrobat Pro DC for 9.99/mo US and it gives me lots of other functions like converting any documents to PDF or PDF to Excel, Word etc and of course adobe sign for electronic signatures. Cloud storage to save my documents. I tried few others this year and found this one is the best package price wise and Adobe is a well know name in the market. Hopefully Tax cycle will add adobe for the next year.

I agree but I think the trick was to purchase Adobe Acrobat pro X as that was a perpetual license, has almost all the function of DC and no subscription. Seems Adobe is forcing us to re-buy the software every year without making any significant improvements. Just my thoughts…

Sent: June 25, 2020 15:57
To: gregory@gregorymarkocpa.com
Reply to: taxcycle+f52e6dbfc29f0dfd13b36a104d4f040d@discoursemail.com
Subject: [protaxcommunity.com] [Suggestions] SignNow and DocuSign?

|

• |

| msbuttar
June 25 |

• | - |

I signup with Acrobat Pro DC for 9.99/mo US and it gives me lots of other functions like converting any documents to PDF or PDF to Excel, Word etc and of course adobe sign for electronic signatures. Cloud storage to save my documents. I tried few others this year and found this one is the best package price wise and Adobe is a well know name in the market. Hopefully Tax cycle will add adobe for the next year.

1 Like

With a monthly subscription, you can cancel any time and switch to the other application of your choice. I choose this as there is no other e signature software that is cheaper price-wise. With adobe, I can get more functions. It is advertised for 14.99 US, but after the trial period, they offer me 9.99 US.

1 Like

@ddickca I’m curious as to how Signnow works with a form like the T183 over which you have no control…do you create a PDF and convert it to “signable” or just indicate where, on the form, signatures go? Do you need to do this each time b/c there is no integration with TaxCycle?

I agree have been using Adobe and it works fantastic.

I have paid yearly fees which I think it is worth it based on get but I will look into this pro x.

TaxCycle should integrate Adobe.

image001.jpg

2 Likes

Have been using Adobe for years.

Since it appears for the monthly cost for the Adobe Acrobat DC you also get the e-signature functionality I think I would have to agree it is likely the best option for the smaller office.

Two thoughts…

• do we even know if the CRA will continue to accept electronic signatures for T183’s and AUTH’s next year, as this may be a moot discussion?

• with DocuSign, I signed up in March to pay monthly, which I did for March/April/May/June, but have now changed my account to “FREE”, which still allows me access all my signed docs and can even generate 3 new ones per month – works for my “non-tax-season” volumes. If I have more than 3, I’ll use the free Adobe Reader signature method = a bit of a pain but it works

Was not aware there was a free option that allows a few sends. Might be similarly priced using your method.

I have been using signnow since 2015! I moved over after docusign removed their in person signing capabilities, thus removing the ability to compliant with the Efile agent agreement.

Yes, I would ad another vote for signnow as provider of electronic signatures.

M

1 Like

@mike
Thanks for the info. I was not aware of the Docusign free option.

@Cameron
I use HelloSign. I would love to see this considered to be added. It is free at low monthly volumes, easy to use, and sufficiently robust for contracts, engagements, and document signatures.
Although there now appears to a free downgrade option for Docusign, apps vendors very regularly increase pricing and downgrade monthly plan feature sets.
The overhead apps costs of running a fully service bookkeeping and tax practice in a virtual world keep racheting up while client expectations keeping increasing for the same or lower fees. I am very wary of adding a new, costly app.

CPA has offered a free subscription to Verifyle. I have tried it out and it seems to work fine.

Just my thoughts,

Gerry

@Cameron
DocuSign is already integrated with Tax Cycle, It will be nice if we can have Adobe Sign, HelloSign and Sign now for the next year. As you can see these are the main applications, most people like. Some of us already used these apps and are comfortable with user-friendly functions and/or prices. These three are all on the better side for the price with DocuSign. The only reason I am with Adobe Sign, it is giving me more function in the same price as Hello Sign or Sign Now.

Hello Gerry, thank you for the information. How did you find out from the CRA - I am a registered e-filer from day one and I do not recall getting an offer from the CRA. Any info is appreciated - Klaus

My workflow consists of the following steps:

1. Create a pdf package of the forms I need signed (usually Authrep, Engagement, and T183 as needed)
  2. Upload PDF file to Signnow
  3. Add Name and Email address of client
  4. Place boxes on form where client needs to sign and date. On authrep and T183, I usually prefill the date.
  5. Customize email message to client. I have a template that I use for customizing.
  6. Send package to client. Once they sign and return, both the client and myself get a signed copy.

Because there is no integration with taxcycle, everything is manual, but it goes pretty quick once I have got used to the routine.

@ddickca Thanks! That’s kind of what I expected. Would be something of a pain in the crush of (say) a busy April 30, but not so bad the rest of the year.