Efile signature Programs

Just wondering what is everyone using for E-Signature this year. I used DocuSign last year and it was so great and smooth but the price is so high. if you go over your 100 I think it is. you have to pay full price for 100 more envelopes they don’t have it so you can just buy a small amount. I am a small business so it gets pricey. So just looking for suggestion

Thank you in advance for your help
Sherry

My firm were also clients of DocuSign however at the time of us dealing with the company, there was several instances where they would have security breaches and we also had concerns on whether the client data will be kept in a server on Canadian soil rather than the US. They said they do have a package for that, but that it would cost some outrageous amount which was over $3,000 per year. Our firm had then worked with PandaDoc, it was less costly then DocuSign for sure, but we were being priced in USD and the invoices did not include any HST. We then decided to work with SignNow but like DocuSign and PandaDoc, they too have set a limit on the e-signatures plus we were facing problems reaching their customer service.

We have just recently decided to work with Adobe Sign, and we will work with them indefinitely. If you choose the Acrobat Pro yearly plan, you pay $30 (includes HST) per month, where you can send an unlimited signatures and you’re using Adobe Acrobat, you’re able to amend unprotected pdf files. It also forces the signer to draw the signature instead of typing it. There’s also an option to send out reminders to client for signing the documents, I chose the more spamming option, once every business day, lol. Another thing is that Microsoft word has a plugin for Adobe Sign and it lets me send a document out for signature right in Word which I like the feature. The only negative is that they have use Amazon AWS servers, where the server location is not based in Canada, however they have plans to do this, when I don’t know.

I believe there’s a one week free trial, but overall they’ve won us over a permanent customer.

1 Like

Im a solo practice amd have been ising SignNow for the last 3 years. Ibhave a basic plan that is costimg me just over $100. I have used support a couple times and they were helpful. I cant speak to signing limits as i havent run into that. Im please with the results and a number of clients are not comouter savvy and have had very few problems

How much is 100 signature?

Thanks I heard from a few non tax prepare that they use adobe. I think I might go that way and just upgrade my subscription that I already have.
Thanks

$400 for 100 envelopes. So if they forget to give me information and I have to resend thier envelope that is counted as another envelope. I do send and have them look it over and the. Send thier one to sign but now they found another receipt or forgot to tell me about something and I need to correct. It is not fair if I have to resend to the same email address that solid still count as one

How much is Adobe?

e-Courier :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We use Citrix Sharefile for our client document portal. They offer RightSignature as an add-on and we’ve been happily using it for the last 5-6 years. Price is per users, though it doesn’t have to be the same number of users as Sharefile - meaning you can just have your admin on RightSignature.

We pay $75/mth for 3 users for RightSignature, and Sharefile is a separate cost. Not sure if the pricing is different if you get RightSignature as a stand-alone subscription.

I have used DocuSign, Client track and i will probably switch to e-courier for signatures and encryption software.

For a few years now, I have been asking for a scaled down version of TaxFolder for eSignatures only. From the posts in this thread it looks like many TaxCycle customers feel the same since so many are using other eSignature solutions – Zero are you listening?

Mike

2 Likes

I use Adobe Sign with Client Track for secure document transfers.

Do you use any issue with e-signature with Adobe?

anywhare from $12 to $20 per month

And for e-signature?

It works well - costs around $30 per month for Adobe with e-signature

I use Client track to track workload for my pers Tax clients ( one person office)

I upgraded to use Client Track Portal… client upload large documents, I send tax returns securely, I send Signature requests.

They charge per signature file. I bought a bulk amount, haven’t used them all yet.

I use Adobe to combine the multiple signature documents into one PDF … if they sign multiple pages like pension split and T183 and DD, then it only counts as One Signature used.

I’ll be using Adobe Sign this year combined with Sync.com for file sharing
(dropped e-courier due to their price increase - getting too expenIve for my small home based business).

@rachelavryl, is combining signature document acceptable to CRA?
I would think it should be but didn’t want to risk it in case CRA had issues with that. So, I’ve always done one doc at a time which is a real pain when their are several CRA docs that all require signatures. Do you include the Letter of Engagement (non-CRA document) in the same e-signature PDF or send it as a separate document to the client for signing?

I haven’t seen any updates from CRA on whether they are accepting e-signatures on these other documents (ex: T1032, T2091 or T1255). Are you making an effort to get these paper signed, scanned, and sent back to you even though they are part of the set of files receiving e-signatures.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be… I add a date and time stamp beside every signature so that when client electronically signs, each line has its own unique date and time signature.

In my min, No different then handing a client a stack of forms to sign on the desk.

Anything that is required to be signed is in the package.

However, all corp work is done in person signatures, majority of my personal tax clients prefer to sign in person as well… especially the older ones whom are splitting income.

@kozakworld

Per Taxcycle November13, 2023… lots of forms are now allowed to have electronic signature

Please review the link as it is very long list of forms