RC59 EFILE for T1 module

CRA get confused by a form? Boy… are they in trouble!! (I think they get rather a few forms? Maybe?)

This 2018 edition of CRA seems to be the most incompetent ever. It’s becoming a bit of a joke - and it would be funny if it didn’t cost either us, or or clients (or taxpayers) an awful lot of money.

Just an update. I have now submitted RC59’s for 3 different sole proprietors using the T2 module to gain instant access. Works great and saves waiting. :+1:

1 Like

Good to know!! That will make registering things like peoples’ RP “nanny accounts” much quicker and easier.

@Arliss
Just make sure that you check in RepresentAClient that the authorization did go thru. We have had a case (not directly related to what you tried) in which a RC59 transmission was accepted but it was denied by the CRA in the back-end. So, while it appears that the transmission was successful, it’s possible that the CRA might reject the RC59 in its back end processing system which is beyond our control.

Steven

All seems to be good. All are listed and the first sent was on the 18th. Have filed HST returns through RAC on all 3 accounts also.

Tried using the T2 program to submit a RC59 today on another non corporate account without success. :frowning_face: Message “Unable to Proceed”.

Was something changed to block the hack?

EDIT: Worked once I changed the legal name. Strangely the legal name lost an initial from one year to the next.

Have had issues with CRA over that:

“Jane W Doe Nanny Account” has generally become “Jane W Doe”…then morphed to “Jane Doe”. Not sure why they dropped the descriptors - it was useful for people who had more than one personal non-corporate business account (generally payroll, but also GST sometimes).

Just to confirm what Arliss has experienced;

I was also able to use the T2 module to submit an RC59 for a a non-corporate proprietorship and immediately gain access to all their business accounts.

The hack using the T2 module for self employed clients continues to work well. Would be nice to have this functionality in the T1 module. I believe this is available in a competitor product. Will we see it in the T1 module this coming fall?

2 Likes