Medical travel changes values when printing

I have a T1 client (couple) that made 20 medical trips during 2020. I have entered all trips on the Medical Travel worksheet. When I print the T1 or any portion of it (i.e. T183), the “Method” field on all trips goes blank, which changes the calculation for medical expenses, and thus the tax payable. What gets printed is incorrect.

When I uncheck and recheck the “Simplified” box at the top of the form, everything goes back to what it should be. But, as soon as I print, it changes again.

I was able to get a correct printout by locking the file, then printing. But, after that a yellow warning shows up on all the “Method” fields. As soon as I unlock the file, the fields go blank. Is this a known bug?

Yes, this is a known issue and I believe it was fixed in the last download only release. But as a workaround you can go to the primary taxpayers return and select Simplified there and it will stick. The selection should be shared between spouses but there was an issue when it was only selected the spouses return.

Thanks for explaining!

I solved this by leaving BOTH boxes at the top unticked and selecting “simplified” on each item instead. Also seems to work. Drove me crazy when I first started a similar client!!