Expiry timeline for signatures

I wish there was a way to change the deadline on when links expired.

In an attempt to get organized early, I send out the engagement letter and preseason checklist etc for signature in early February. This way it’s done and out and I can’t worry about other stuff.

Unfortunately, a large percentage of my clients ignore those emails until they are ready to think about it in March so now the signature links are expired, which means I have to resend for anyone that hasn’t dealt with it yet.

So it would be nice if we could set our own expiry timelines, or that the system automatically sent out reminders before the links expire. Something needs to be tweaked here, so that we don’t have to waste time reminding out clients to sign these letters.

We have had a few other requests for automated reminder notifications. I checked with the developers and it would be a fairly chunky bit of work. I have added it to the wish list in our tracking system for future development.

In the interim would it help if I added a note to the Signature and Approval request emails to let clients know that the link will expire after 14 days? That I could do right away.

1 Like

It would help for the future emails and reminders I send out, but it still relies on the people to actually read the message, so make it as obvious as possible. Lol!

It’s just frustrating because I have a handful of clients that are keeners and bug me in January to get started so I just sent everything out in beginning of February so I don’t have to think about it.

If the timeline on the expiry isn’t going to change, maybe I just need to change my process a bit and flag those that want early processing and leave the rest for March. Guess that’s where the custom fields can come in handy… so I can pull up a list of keeners in early February and late filers for April.