Efiling T3 - no account number

I need help! I have put in all zeros for the T3 account number and was able to file the slips; however, it will not let me file the return. Hopefully someone can advise me on how to fix this or I need to mail the return?

John

Hi John,

CRA only allows simple/NIL trust returns to be eFiled. If you open the T3RET EFILE Worksheet and none of the exclusions are set to YES then you should be able to eFile. Otherwise you will need to paper file. If none of the exclusions apply and you are still unable to file this return electronically, please contact our support team to help troubleshoot the issue.

Sarka

Hey Sarka, I changed the only yes (No Account Number), to be no! It transmitted then.

John

my understanding is that CRA will not accept T3’s this year without an aaccount number. Must complete a T3APP and submit to get a number

Not for me Sarka. I had a question about the necessity of paper-filing a return client coupled with a landed immigrant who has as yet no SI. Arrived in Canada and lives common law with a Canadian citizen.

Thanks

BURNS

RE: Farrell file in Peterborough ON that I sent in to Support…

…sent to you by J D Burns Ag Tax Accountant;
(705) 876-6371

John4, I mentioned before that you likely still have the problem of fixing up T1-2018 for the unreported Deemed Dispositions, so a good idea to recheck that when you have time…
Re this post: I see that in this post you are still trying to file a T3 without having previously referred to ANY Estate accounting having been done, instead saying that the husband had done NOTHING WHATSOVER in or about the estate, or even if he is legally the EXECUTOR, who is legally responsible for any flowing ESTATE and related reporting.
I infer from the information posted on your three threads that the HUSBAND received the Death Benefit, and NOT the ESTATE.
Therefore, you will find that Guide T4011 says that the HUSBAND will be reporting it on his T1.
Therefore, please be careful and NOT report income in the ESTATE if it indeed had none…

That is not true for testamentary trusts.

Regards

Jim

Hey Joe, the CPP death benefit was for the Estate of the wife, so that is the only item I reported on the T3. I met with the bank yesterday after the thread was started and found out the two T5008 trades and T5 slip were in January 2019. The trades were triggered by maturity before the assets were transferred to the husband in February. Any advise would be welcomed.

John

image002.jpg

Did I not opine before multiple times that IMHO:
… It doesn’t matter a Frigging Flying Fig what the Bank said or what the Bank did…

You have thus far never said that you have in your hot little hands the Accounts of the Estate showing that the Death Benefit was deposited into the SEPARATE BANK ACCOUNT OF THE ESTATE by the Executor.
Do you have in your hot little hands a bank deposit slip showing that the CPP Death certificate was deposited into the account of the Husband as Husband?

Thanks Jim

Hi John,

Technically if this is the first filing and no account number has been issued you need to apply for a Trust Account Number and send in the supporting documents required (as Walt mentions). The guide for 2019 also specifies that if this is the first return for the Trust and no Trust Number has been assigned that the return should be paper filed. When you send in the application (T3APP), I suggest you also attach a copy of the filed return with the transmission confirmation so they can be sure to match everything up in their system.

I am creating a bug to review the transmission of the T3 Return when the Trust Number is 0s as we should be flagging this in the software.

Sarka

Hey Joe, sorry, the T4A§ slip was issued to the Estate of the Wife. That was what I was going by regarding the death benefit. Nothing to do with the bank. The bank just gave me the information about the T5008 and T5 in terms of when the transactions happened. They occurred in January 2019.

John

Hey Joe, I am quite sure that the death benefit, T5008 transactions and the T5 interest were deposit into the joint account of the husband and wife.

John

---- Who Cares - that has noting to do with it…
.“I am quite sure that the death benefit, T5008 transactions and the T5 interest were deposit into the joint account of the husband and wife”

— SO ABSOLUTELY DEFINITELY NOT deposited to the ESTATE then…
AND, in any case, there has been NO SUCH THING as a “joint account” with a dead person in 2019…

Hey Joe, I should have said the former joint account! The T5008 sales and the T5 interest would have been deposited by a set up deposit account with TD Waterhouse and the death benefit would have been deposited by the husband. I thought the T5 and T5008 would be reported on the husbands 2019 return.

John

1 Like

Too funny… thank you … we all need a good laugh during these stressful times

On the other hand, it would have gone on the former wife’s 2017 T1, if she had received it a year before she died. Also, I think I might have reported it on the cousin’s wifes’ T1, since the cousin bought a new car, and since he didn’t have any money, he must have stolen the principal by hacking the TDW account.
(Note, if not clear, the above is clearly very tongue-in-cheek)) :slight_smile:

Hey All, to give some background to this situation. Although, I really do not think anyone will care. The wife was my sister-in-law who was diagnosed with stage four cancer and given six months to live which was more that ten years before her passing. I watched as she went into remission only to have the cancer come back many times until there was no hope left. She was admitted to hospital where she slowly wasted away and died December 31, 2018.

This experience devastated my brother and to a lessor degree me also. Although I had no estate experience at all, my brother asked me to help out. I just could not say no, but I should have. Anyway that brings the group up to date on my situation.

In my opinion, which I also do not think anyone will care about, I find that your ridicule of me to be unprofessional in the extreme!

Obviously, I will be unsubscribing from the group.

To the Taxcyle organization, I have always found you to be very professional. The program is by far the best in the market! The staff support, both technical and training, is also the best. I thank you very much for your patience with me when I had a technical problems.

Unfortunately, this experience with the group is greater than your professionalism and I will not be renewing my Taxcyle license this year.

I wish all a very successful tax preparation season.

From the beaten dead horse,

John

I’m sorry for your loss.
Condolences. It must be tough.
However, you have been posting a dozen different threads about the exact same Estate T3 situation for months now, and numerous people have been trying very hard to help you out, giving you direct information, direct references to the Income Tax Act, Direct references to CRA Guides, etc, on multiple different occasions, on those different threads
The CPA association DIRECTS us to withdraw and refer a file to a colleague if we feel we do not have sufficient knowledge and experience on a file…
Sometimes, too, independence matters can confound more than assist.
Nobody here wishes you ill at all. Nobody had a clue it was a personal loss.
Note also, that TAXCYCLE provide SOFTWARE support only here, and the rest of the users are non-affiliated accountants of varying abilities and senses of humour, and have nothing otherwise to do with Taxcycle, other than being admirers of great software.
Personally, I had thought that I was pointing you in the right direction - I am not sure why you would have been continuing to reject that, you seem to be wanting to go on a different path.
Again, condolences on your loss.