Efile error 90315 re T2203 Multi Jurisdiction form

I received EFILE error 90315 regarding T2203 Multi Jurisdiction form. I called CRA EFFILE helpdesk and the agent said it’s because CRA’s net income amount is different than what the return shows. The agent said there was a $2 difference and suggested I override one of the fields on form T2203. I did that but still received the error message. The agent could not provide any other solution other than to paper file.

If you had this error message and were able to resolve it please let me know the steps you took.

The client is getting a large refund so I would rather not paper file.

Thank you

That error happens when CRA calculates a net income amount that doesn’t match the total net income allocated across the provinces on the T2203.
We have seen this happen when CRA has a slip that is not already included in the return (T4, T4A(OAS), T4A(P), etc), or other information (CPP election to stop paying when over 65, reserves, etc), that they take into account in their recalculation of the return as they validate it.

Thank you Allen for that information. I might call CRA to see if they have a slip that is not showing up on my client’s CRA Account. I learned recently that sometimes there are tax slips that CRA can see that do not show up on the person’s CRA My Account. It had to do with the name being somewhat different even though the social insurance number was correct.

Success! The e-file issue was because of the CPT30 election. The client had intended the CPT30 to be effective for 2024, but he sent the form in November 2023, and so it was effective for December 1, 2023. Once I reflected that in TaxCycle, I e-filed the return with no issue. Thank you again Allen for your detailed reply.

1 Like