Completing T2200 for Multiple Employees

It would be nice to have a copy feature for the T2200 for when you have multiple employees that have the same responses. A couple other options I thought of would be to have default settings you could specify or even a carry-forward from prior year would be helpful. OR, let me know if there is a way and I just missed it.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have logged it in our system and we will look at adding smart copy paste support for the T2200 form in the T4 Module next year.

1 Like

Smart Copy / Paste is enabled on the T2200 form in the T1 Module. So a workaround could be to do all your T2200 forms in this T1 module. I don’t use the T4 module so don’t know if data from that module flows to the T1 module?

You could create a MASTER T1 Return with the common T2200 data filled in. Then create a T1 return for each employee. In the info tab, enter only the minimum data required to populate the T2200 form. Then, go to the Master T1 Return, do the smart copy/paste on the T2200 form to capture the common data and Paste it onto the T2200 form of each employee.

Save all these T1’s in a separate T4 directory so they don’t get confused with the T1’s from your regular tax clients since these aren’t meant to be Tax Returns.

This work-a-round should save you a lot of time this year. It’s great that the smart copy/paste has been flagged to be included in next year’s T4 module.

I had this situation 5 years ago or so … Sarka walked me thru Export of T2200 fields to Excel, complete it in Excel for all 115 employees and then import said excel spreadsheet back into Taxcycle.

It worked well… although I was super nervous about it as the answers to the fields were like true/False… got it to work. Used that method for a couple years.

Have since passed that client onto someone else and do not have any clients that require a large quantity.

Perhaps if you reach out they can explain this option to you.

3 Likes