Climate Action Incentive Payment

Can we have the client letter modified to reflect the Climate Action Incentive payment could be paid to either spouse in a couple situation.

“If you have a spouse or common- law partner, only one of you can get the credit for the family. The credit will be paid to the spouse or common-law partner whose tax return is assessed first. No matter which one of you receives the credit, the amount will be the same.”

Paragraph in new letter doesn’t work for the prior years CAI anymore as well.

it is coming out in the next build

Here’s what will be in the letter in the next version:

Also note that the breakdown of the payments on the S14 is changing too, so if you have a custom letter, you may need to adjust your field codes.

Will this letter work with prior year T1’s.? Backward compatible reporting the fact the CAI is payable on the return?

@Arliss We made the change to the 2021 letter only. The prior year letters remain the same as before.

Here is what I am getting in the client letter. I don’t see a breakdown of the payment and I do have the latest version.
Climate Action Incentive (CAI)
You will receive an estimated $600.00 in Climate Action Incentive (CAI) payments. These payments are designed to return the proceeds from the fuel charge to residents of the provinces who use the federal system of carbon pollution pricing. The CRA delivers these payments at the beginning of each quarter and calculates the actual payments based on the information they have on file.

I will be out with the next version update maybe today