Client or Legal Representative Signing

Hello All,
I use the below code to trigger the name of the legal representative to show up if that field is used. I can’t seem to make something work to show the taxpayer’s name if that field is blank. Any help would be appreciated!

{{# CurrentClient.Info}} {{# Filing.LegalRepresentativeOnDeath }}{{ . }} - {{# CurrentClient.Info }}{{# Filing.LegalRepresentativeOnDeath }}On behalf of {{/ end}}{{# ID.FirstName }}{{ . }} {{ ID.LastName }}
{{/ ID.FirstName }}{{/ CurrentClient.Info }}

Jay

This is done already

I know the ELetter has it. I’m trying to use this format for other signing forms. Can’t seem to copy the code from the ELetter, I think something to do with the columns.

it will do it on the DEletter and dletter both already once you put date of death in and who the executor it will populate it. as well as cletter ,eletter ,jletter

I know that part. I’m trying to use this for other in house forms that I have clients sign.

@juneid
I like your request.

I do something similar. When one family member is the contact point for the entire family.

In other situations, I have had legal guardians for mentally or physically incapacitated family members. I have also had clients who signed temporary or conditional Powers of Attorney.

In addition I have a few clients whose children receive income but are under age, with one parent signing the forms and tax returns.

TAXCYCLE FEATURE REQUEST
I would love it if TaxCycle had one or more default additional contact types which we could track in client manager and could use to create our own form letters. As it stands now I have to track this information outside of TaxCycle and Client Manager. To use custom letters I need to create custom fields as well as the custom letters. I have also subcontracted at a few firms specializing in family trusts.

In addition, I ask each client for at least one or preferably alternate/emergency contacts in case of lengthy travel, illness, or death. I have a form for that as well.

I would imagine that across the broad base of TaxCycle users there must be large enough demand for a few extra contact and relationship and name fields fields which we could track in Client Manager and use to create our custom letters and custom letter signature fields.

As a side note…
I have of have provided past services for clients who have multiple entities such as one or more Corporations (holdco and operating cos) and/or distributions and/or director salaries from Private FamilyTrusts. I maintain and review a list of all financial entities in which each client has a controlling ownership or directorship or executive position with share options, salaries, or asset/income distributions. I would imagine that these would be outside of the interest for TaxCycle T1 contacts types.