AFR - the connection for this site is not secure

Hello,

I’m trying to download the client’s AFR. I tried M Edge, Firefox, and I Explorer. No matter which browser, I get back an error. I checked with our IT department and they say the error is external to us. Does anyone else get this? (This has never happened before).

Error:
The connection for this site is not secure. Localhols sent an invalid response. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR.

Thank you!!

When I use Internet Explorer, the error says:

This page can’t be displayed

Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://localhost:8011 again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4 (link for the details), which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator.

I just tried the AFR and it worked perfectly using the EDGE browser on Windows 10.

I did run into your problem once only during tax season where I was receiving a very similar message to yours. In my case, Edge and Firefox generated the error, and I was finally able to connect using the Opera browser. I think this was a glitch on CRA’s side because the problem corrected itself the next time I tried connecting, and Edge has been working fine ever since. I wouldn’t use the IE Explorer browser as that browser should be outdated and not as secure as Edge or Fitefox.

So, try again and see if you continue to get this error message. Hopefully it will be corrected soon.

Hello @kozakworld,

Thank you for your reply.
I called TaxCycle. The problem is at CRA’s end.
There is a way-around in case this happens.
What you do is you click where it says “enter the URL”, copy the URL you get from the AFR, go back, and paste it on the page where the error message comes up. It’s hard to explain without being able to attach screenshots.

1 Like