2017 Suggestions

1. The T5008 from the preview portion should not group spouses together.

At first I thought I was missing a T5008 sheet;

other issues with AFR

Need more space for slip number when you hit three digits;

last digit drops down;

Also appears that the export to excel ignores the T5008’s from the spouses return despite saying it would export them.

When you do fix the spouses T5008 export, maybe ensure they either get separate files or better yet separate tabs.

I do not remember if that popped up when I first posted the question but that will work. The F2 would be fine as well.

@Cameron

Unless there is a trick, or you just added it to the last version , I cannot do that.

1. maybe consider copying the tape produced on one spouse business statement to the other.
  1. Maybe add a delete AND clear values option rather than just delete slip giving us a slip has been deleted with values when it is the ROC carry forward.

I found that when viewing previously imported data TaxCycle would very often indicate slip data had not been imported when in fact it had been. It seemed to be across the board as far as slip types. And not necessarily just combined slips - directly after matching and importing all AFR data I could open up the AFR window again on many files and there would be at least a couple bolded/starred slips. I describe it in more detail in this post:

This issue was a big time consumer in my file reviews - hopefully I wasn’t just misunderstanding the feature. The concept of being able to view the slip matching of the previously downloaded AFR data is excellent though, and if you’re able to get it worked out for next year it would be huge time saver. If you’d like me to send you some example files where this was occurring I’d be more than happy to.

@rick.s

We perform the re-matching using only the issuer name. So, that means it doesn’t work very well when there are multiple slips with the same issuer name. We don’t use other information from the slip, because I was concerned that amended slips would mess it up the matching. We will look to use values from the slips themselves to re-match… this may not work when slips are amended but it will be more durable than what we’ve got now.

We’re hoping to make some progress on this in the next few months, and we’re hoping that you can try it on a few files in the offseason. If you have some files you can share with us, that will be helpful as well. The real world data is very different from the test cases that CRA gives us!

Thanks.

@Cameron

Not sure the reason for these slips to show on the list while linking the slips from AFR

1. Since the AFR provides the data, there should be a cell above currency that gives us the slip code that is either 1 or 2 etc
  1. this maybe a personal preference; however, it makes sense to me.

Quick fix for Elections Canada question has most likely answer first;

Quick fix for Foreign property has most likely answer first;

Then you guys add a quick fix for selling your home and you put the most likely answer second. I would prefer you were consistent; however, maybe in Alberta, the most likely answer is yes which means the habit of selecting the first one on the quick fix results in a undo and try again. :rage:

There may be others

1. For those of us that do not us Send, having some diagnostics for certain lines on the send page could be helpful.

For instance the questions that lead to paper filing should cause an efile exclusion that may or may not be able to be changed,

I would like to know if a T1135 was filed last year. It would be helpful for new clients.

others?

1. this message should not show if the return has been filed

1 Like
  1. I would like a simplified search to filter out the returns in Taxcycle. Profile had a very quick method to do this

It would be nice to be able to do the same in Taxcycle. i.e. show all returns and let me remove the T1 efile status to reduce the list

1 Like

Love it. And you could do it by date. xxx transmitted by March 31 etc.

1 Like

I am not active on this forum, so I apologize if these ideas have been floated before.

1. Can a “Total” column be added to the “Joint Summary” report: Couples would find some of the totals interesting, and it would be helpful when comparing results of Pension Income Splitting vs. No Splitting, and other such scenarios.

2. On the “T1Summary” and T1ShortSummary" reports, could you add info about the client’s Marginal and Average Tax Rates under the “Additional Tax Info” section? Many clients ask about this when we are reviewing their returns, and it would be handy if the information was right there.

Some is there already; however, adding the current tax rate bracket could be helpful for those if you earned one dollar, you would pay the government 50.4 cents of it.

You are correct, the short summary does not include this information

2017 T5 module has the following error which cannot be cleared

Hi @james1 , what happens when you select “Update transmitter information”? Also, what appears in Options for your transmitter country? Does it say “CA”? We are just trying to reproduce this ourselves and as of right now we can only reproduce this if “CA” isn’t listed in Options (CA is the 2 letter code for Canada).
We can get the warning to appear when there isn’t a country entered in Options in the Transmission > Slip Transmitter > Address options and using the QuickFix doesn’t do anything. Is that what is happening to you?

@darlene

Ok, I checked the options that I have not touched for several years and I had Canada in the country. I see the field has changed to 2 digit code. Having Canada in there has never been a issue until now I guess.

I have updated and the error has gone away.

On the Print/PDF Family screen it would be helpful to have an option to clear all of the existing picks. You could also put “Select All” but it’s more common that I want to de-select all and then just select a couple print formats for each family member.